New Diamondback hood pics...

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to update you guys with some *painted* pics of the Diamondback hood. The flame job is excellent but it does detract from the form of the hood a bit... hopefully you can still make out the shape and vents okay. Also, you can see that the headlights are still a little misaligned from the accident the car was in, but I'll keep everyone posted with some new pics when everything is lined up. This is one of only two diamondback hoods built so far (the other is just getting finished up on Lauri's car). I'm planning to finally have it in full production within the next 6 weeks after a few more bugs get worked out. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again.

You must be registered for see images

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crazy paint makes it really hard to see the body lines. Still looking forward to seeing one in a solid color.

looks good so far though.

Jeff

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate you Roger.... :curse:

Now I'm sitting on needles and cannot sleep, because of you....

I'll have to wait one more week to get my hood painted Viper Red with Pearl white stripes.

Roger, YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!!!!! :2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, that's almost the exact same flame design I was going to paint on my car. Well back to the drawing board now...

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That hood is definitely Hot...Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished car Laurie!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool beans :2tu:
Looks just like an oldschool hotrod flame job, it's very cool to see it on a modern car like the Viper :laugh:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the hood, but I do not like the flames. But that's just me. I hardly ever like flames on anything.

but the hood itself is NICE.

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really glad that you guys are liking the hood. As far as the flames go, they probably wouldn't be my personal choice on a viper, but the work is reeeeally impressive, and my customer got a killer deal on the entire paintjob. I'm also looking forward to seeing the hood on a solid color car so I can see an isolated profile of the hood itself... I'll be strictly working on this and a few other viper part designs over the next 6 weeks, so it shouldn't take too long before the hood is available, plus I hope to have some more gen 1&2 parts available.

I know that the hood itself is a pretty aggressive design, so I want to offer a more subtle version of it. What would you all think about a Diamondback hood without the louvers in the center, and just the ones on the sides? I personally think that would be a nice option to have the same shape with a smooth center. Let me know what ya think. Thanks again everyone.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger,

Looking good!! Also, can't wait to see it on Lauri's car :2tu:

Very nice hoood for the viper and the lines of if flow nicely with the vipers curves.

Ed

OP
OP
U

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ed... you'll have to stop by the shop again in another 6 weeks or so... I plan on having some new fun stuff in the works by then and wouldn't mind gettin' some more inout from you and Lauri in person when I'm finished.