new dyno

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres the dyno before and after the flash, what does everyone think. 06 paxton, stock, upgraded pump and exchanger. Still looks a little lean down low, or is that normal.

DYNO4.jpg

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just has a dc flash, using a sct tuner. It help but not sure if it needs more? I also forgot, I have hightech cats and corsa track II.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say that tune looks pretty damn good as-is. Nice A/F line, and the curves are smoother. I'm not too worried about WOT below 3K rpm, that rarely happens anyways when pushing a car.

This was via mail order? From DC?

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ONe of the AF readings is too lean at 5800-6000rpm. I dont know if it was the before or after but that definitely needs to be addressed.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id talk to DC before anyone. they know what they're doing and they tuned it for ya.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ONe of the AF readings is too lean at 5800-6000rpm. I dont know if it was the before or after but that definitely needs to be addressed.

The lean reading on that run is probably from lift off of the accelerator at the end of the dyno run. Nothing to worry about if that's the case. I'd say you are right where you should be. Leave it alone. Leaner may produce a bit more power but it also increases the probability of engine failure. 700 RWHP with a stock Paxton kit on an essentially stock engine is beyond safe limits. The DC blower tune is an excellent and relatively inexpensive mod. It also includes the need to go to a slightly colder plug and the change to a different thermostat. If you are going to road course track a Paxton car, it is a required mod. If you do not have the DC blower tune and road course track the car, when the cats, if you have them, get hot, the computer floods the system with fuel in an attempt to cool the cats and performance is interrupted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang