New engine

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve:

The rebuild of your engine at Arrow Racing usually take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks (depending on their backlog). I have heard great feedback on the engines once they come back.

One thing that I have never heard is if an engine that has come back from Arrow, has ever had problems afterwards. And if so, did it have to be sent back a second time?

I hope this answers your question. Happy holidays.

Brad

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve:

One last point, make sure that you get your dealer to tow your car home and store it properly. The cars get pretty beaten up sitting around at the dealership waiting for engines to come back.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure that you remove any aftermarket item's. Such as wires, polished t-bodies, chrome ect they have a bad habit of keeping it. I also got back some really crappy valve covers.

--
Bill Brennan [email protected]

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vipersteve:
How long does it take to get a new engine once its been sent in for warranty?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Eeyore said: "Days, weeks, months, who knows..."
You must be registered for see images

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine done last year, and it was a good experience. The engine came back much stronger (by about .4 seconds in the 1/4). Arrow has a great reputation.

The trick is in finding the right dealer. Mine was great (Herb Gordon Dodge in Maryland). They let me schedule the job for the winter, and took great care of the car. Ask around at your local club to find the right dealer.

I also had one valve cover come back in very bad shape, and the Viper tech pointed it out to me. He told me to mention it to the service manager. When I did, they just ordered a new one, and replaced it without a hassle.