New England VCA Fall Foliage Run - Sunday October 8th

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2006 NEVCA Season is winding down, and this sunday is our annual Fall Foliage Run. In the past is has been sponsored by Fitzgerald Motorsports, but the business is being sold, and the new owner will not have time to do the run this year. So instead of the typical run around Lake Winnipasaukee... I will be guiding the group on a 2 hour jaunt to Manchester, VT. Manchester is a sleepy resort town in Southern, VT. Often the destination of NY and CT residents when the want to get away. The community has some great restaraunts, B&B's, Discount Outlet Shopping, rolling hills and farm after farm. We will be traveling through the Green Mountain National Forest on our way there and back, a nice change of pace and something a little different for the regulars.

We will be meeting at the Hooksett, NH rest stop on RTE 93 North at 10:00am. From there we will be taking the Northerly Route up RTE 89 to Route 202. Crossing into VT picking up Route 11 into Manchester. Once there we will be stopping for lunch. After lunch we will follow Rte 7 South into Bennington, VT past Hemmings Motor News picking up Route 9 east, to Rte 101 East through Keene, NH and East to Manchester.

Please let me know if you will be joining me and how many to expect for lunch (passenger?). [email protected]

Thanks,-Jeff Torrey NEVCA

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff:

You ought to see if you can fit in a drive up Mt. Equinox. I used to do the Vintage Club's annual hillclimb there. It's a heck of a drive!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's AWESOME to drive! 5.2 miles with something like 20 hairpin switchbacks (we're talking u-turns where if you stand on the inside, the climb angle is over 25 degrees). Paving is reasonably good. Good enough for the Vintage Club so that won't be a problem.

It's a private toll road when not in use for a Club Event. There's a motel on the peak (with a restaurant/bar). You might want to call ahead and arrange some group use fee.

I'll see if I can come up with a link.

Here ya go.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather Forecast for Sunday: Full Sun temps topping out at 66 degrees. Here is the meeting spot for lunch. We have reservations for 12:30

Manchester Bar and Grill 1844 Depot Street - Manchester Center
Great burgers, fresh seafood, pasta sautes, steaks, homestyle meals and much more make the M.B.&G. the perfect place for everyone. Serving four-star meals in a family atmosphere at pub-like prices. Bring your family in to meet ours!

11:30 am - close

Cuisine: Tavern Fare Lunch Dinner
802-366-8282 · Fax 802-366-1919

I would like to do the Hill Climb and will take a poll at lunch.

Thanks, Scott for the hill climb info.!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skeeter- You more than welcome to join us. Depending on which way your entering VT maybe we can meet up before lunch. We will be passing by Route 91 at exit 6 at about 12 noon.

-Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I have for Sunday:

Jerry Colpitts
Nick Craig
Joe and Donna Mori
Vicky and I
Rick and Paula DeRoshiers
Tim and Elana Cloutier
Glenn and Maria Cote
Dave and Guest Dugal
Jack and Marge Izzo
Dick and Norma Hansen
Carlos and Silvia Batista
Wayne and Jane Marshall
Paul and Christine Elliot
...and a couple of maybe(s)

Foliage to be at its peak, weather to be perfect, gas prices down, company... 1st class!

As stated above most are meeting at the Hooksett Rest Stop/NH State Liquor Store on Route 93 North at 10am, for a 10:15 departure. Please plan to be a little early, traffic might slow you down getting up 93 North. I would prefer to leave Hooksett on time. We are picking up cars in VT on the way (12 noon), and lunch reservations are for 12:30

I am so looking forward to this trip. It's a different ride for most, the countryside is gorgeous. Manchester is not a commercial tourist trap at all. Viper's a rare thing in Vermont, we will be stopping traffic.
The hill climb will offer views of 5 states, if the sky is clear...and we have been promised that it will be.

You guys are gonna love it...tomorrow afternoon I'll wash the car and get everything ready, OH baby... fall in New England.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skeeter- OK, lunch has been moved to 1pm...I am meeting one other car off RTE 91 exit 6 Vermont if you want to meet there at 12:30. My cell phone 603-234-8898 (remember I get up way to early ;-)...).

BAZ- Your always welcome...

Markus- Should be plenty of pictures, and thanks!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry Colpitts
Nick Craig
Frank Augello
Joe and Donna Mori
Vicky and I
Rick and Paula DeRoshiers
Tim and Elana Cloutier
Glenn and Maria Cote
Dave and Guest Dugal
Jack and Marge Izzo
Dick and Norma Hansen
Carlos and Silvia Batista
Wayne and Jane Marshall
Paul and Christine Elliot
Skeeter and Marie
Mike Nassifs
Chuck Tator

* 16 cars / 29 people Excellent!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New England VCA Fall Foliage Run - Sunday October 8th PICS!!!

A few long distance pics............

You must be registered for see images

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Baz That camera is AWESOME Must have a BIG LENS. I heard you Brits have Big Len's / I just had no Idea how big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How was the ride up Skyline Drive? I can recall hauling butt over the "saddle" at over 100 MPH at a vintage event.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How was the ride up Skyline Drive? I can recall hauling butt over the "saddle" at over 100 MPH at a vintage event.

Only 100? Are you telling us your old? ;)

I was hitting the rev limiter in 6th going up the hill! :nana:

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

100mph up the wee little hill climb...(LOL). I don't know about that?

Anywho- Hey guys, thanks for coming out to play we had a great (long too) day!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Baz That camera is AWESOME Must have a BIG LENS. I heard you Brits have Big Len's / I just had no Idea how big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2tu:

The bigger the better Jerry..........

Looks like you had a great time..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc