New exhaust Questions

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so being a new viper owner I thought I would pull from the forums wisdom. At what point do you change your stock exhaust and what is the best concerning the gen v. I run Corsa on my srt8, I see that they make a set of extremes for the viper. I know there are others out there but I want best performance and sound.

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Corsa set and also put them on myself. In the process I sprayed VHT paint on the inside of my rockers cause they are white. Also wrapped whole exhausted in the heat resistant header wrap. Must say I totally enjoyed the process. And for me the sound is awesome. But I love LOUD and that my friend they are...

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.s. I heard the sport exhaust and just thought it was way to quiet for my tastes. I want people to know my Viper is coming? Besides you can always drop gears to quiet it down.
I have sold my Viper and now am waiting for a GTC. Which I will also put the full exhaust on and the Sledgehammer package when it comes out. I miss my Viper so bad but the concierge said only 3 more weeks. My son and I are going to take delivery of our Lamborghini blue hue, with stone white Aston Martin stripes. Full red leather interior ,carbon fiber package on inside and out, upgraded stereo, SRT hood time attack 2.0 kit and black chrome sidewinder wheels. Along with prefix TARGA top!!!!! Think that about covers it!!!!!

Reaction score
OK so being a new viper owner I thought I would pull from the forums wisdom. At what point do you change your stock exhaust and what is the best concerning the gen v. I run Corsa on my srt8, I see that they make a set of extremes for the viper. I know there are others out there but I want best performance and sound.
The stock exhaust is very efficient so if you are changing it out do it for sound characteristics only. The GenV does not have the cool tips of the other generations so you are paying only for the sound. The Corsa has a crisp racecar note at WOT and is fairly tame at idle. The Belanger has a deeper note everywhere and is possibly a touch louder overall. The Corsa does not eliminate drone, but moves it up higher in the rev range. The Belanger mufflers have some drone also nothing that people have considered an issue though, they also have a tip option that will extend the tip about 3" out flush with the car eliminating some of the drone that the stock depth tip contributes.

kbench55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If a person changes to the corsa or belanger catback, will this also lower the heat on the sills?

kbench55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. So to truly get them to run cooler a person needs to put on hi-flow cats?

OP
OP
broomrider

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.s. I heard the sport exhaust and just thought it was way to quiet for my tastes. I want people to know my Viper is coming? Besides you can always drop gears to quiet it down.
I have sold my Viper and now am waiting for a GTC. Which I will also put the full exhaust on and the Sledgehammer package when it comes out. I miss my Viper so bad but the concierge said only 3 more weeks. My son and I are going to take delivery of our Lamborghini blue hue, with stone white Aston Martin stripes. Full red leather interior ,carbon fiber package on inside and out, upgraded stereo, SRT hood time attack 2.0 kit and black chrome sidewinder wheels. Along with prefix TARGA top!!!!! Think that about covers it!!!!!
OMG! I want to see this car when you get it. It sounds really unique and beautiful

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang