New Exhaust-Suggestions Please

smashman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than just doing a rear muffler delete, I am thinking about re-doing my exhaust from the stock headers back. Any suggestions on which brand is the best?
Is it worth doing new headers as well and how difficult to install headers?
Do I have to pull the engine to install new headers?

If I just do everything except the headers how difficult to install myself? Will I need a lift or can I get under the car well enough if I drive it up on stands?

If I keep the stock headers should I go with 2 1/4" pipe or 3"? I have read it is not good to mix the two sizes.

I am considering the Snake-Oyl setup with hi-flow cats and everything but I don't believe this system has an X-Pipe which it sounds like is a good idea. I am definitely wet behind the ears when it comes to exhaust so all opinions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only about a gazillion posts on "exhaust" and "header" threads.
Use the search feature and be sure to change the "dates" in the search feature so you can go back a while.

My pat response is to get to a "gathering" of Vipers (club get together, ViperDays event, etc) to hear for yourself as the "sound" is so subjective and "personal" (folks are passionate about the system THEY paid THEIR $$ for).
Good Luck