New GTS or at least new to me

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually took delivery a few weeks ago and finally my daughter took some pics of her before it was too dark. Thanks to Matt (http://forums.viperclub.org/members/mbccenter.html He made the purchase and everything as smooth as possible it is not often you can contact somebody with any question and they are right there to help out. Thanks :D

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
B/W's are definitly the best color for Vipers and the fastest too :D

I dont care what the red and yellow guys say :*****:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B/W's are definitly the best color for Vipers and the fastest too :D

I dont care what the red and yellow guys say :*****:
I can't argue with that..

Beautifully said! :clap:

Although... I do really like yellow and graphite metallic too :cool:

V

Venomiss

Very nice and congratulations on the Viper.
Where were those pictures taken with the other cars and your Viper?

OP
OP
V

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is where I store the cars. It is a really neat place here in town they have on site mechanics, detail guys and you can walk around and look at the other guys cars and they always have some neat cars for sale. They also let you use the wash racks which have tremendous lighting and a lift. 24/7 access to the facility here is their website www.vaitx.com/

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! I'd like to have an RT/10 alongside of my GTS:2tu:

Whats up with the tacky looking Hennessey Wing? I dont know whats tackier, the wing itself or the large crocked decal on it that makes the whole wing look crocked. I'd yank em off along with the fake pacecar decal.

That garage looks like a pretty cool option for someone without enough garage space. I assume you can come and go 24hrs a day to pickup your vehicle? Can you park your ******/dailydriver in your assigned spot while driving your VIP car?

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! I'd like to have an RT/10 alongside of my GTS:2tu:

Yes, same here! I hope to buy a 95 or 02 Yellow RT/10 once my GTS is paid off.. Except, that one I am going to leave Bone Stock.... I don't care how bad the exhaust will be, I just wanna leave one of them completely stock. :) However, I'd really like to get a late year Yellow NSX and/or white 911 Turbo. So I'm not sure which car will be my next one. :D

Whats up with the tacky looking Hennessey Wing? I dont know whats tackier, the wing itself or the large crocked decal on it that makes the whole wing look crocked. I'd yank em off along with the fake pacecar decal.

Agreed. I hate any type of wing on the viper, in my honest opinion it looks aweful and doesn't fit the car well. The curves of the GTS are perfect, the wing destroys that look.

OP
OP
V

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was sort of iffy on the wing but it has grown on me. What makes you think the pace car decal is fake? I was under the imression that dodge made 500 of those sets and was going to leave them on mostly since I thought now that they have been put on I would have to destroy them to take them off and might be a selling point way down the line. I assume most people leave them in the box though. Yep 24 hour access to all of the facility makes detailing way more fun with their set up.

OP
OP
V

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am hoping to get a nice representation from every gen of viper. The rt 10 is a last 300 and the GTS is one of the first B/W.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so are you one of those types of collectors that likes stuff to be factory correct? authentic? stock?
So, which do you want? or an authentic pacecar? or a Fake Hennessy Viper? It cant be both. Actually it cant be either.. . in reality as there were only 2 real GTS pacecars produced. Sure there was a bunch of decals given to new GTS buyers and available for sale to us at the time but its nothing more than that, a decal.

If you like how the pacecar decal looks than keep it on. Over time if the decal becomes dated and cracks/fades you could possibly get a licened reproduction set from JonB. I personally like to let the curvey body pannels of the GTS speak for themselves and think that the giant decal takes away from it.
Also, the so-called prestige of a fake viper pacecar dosnt mean much to me as the Dodge Stealth was suposed to be the Pacecar that year but was later denied due to its foreign heritage. Therefore team Viper stepped in. Now, 10 years later we've got F'ing Honda & Toyota hybrids parading around our racetracks as pacecars. How you like dem apples:)

This viper is a Race car, Not a Pace car. The pacecar test driver in 1996 said this himself.
http://forums.viperclub.org/grail-trail/628863-vca-notes.html

If you like the wing then atleast remove the crooked GTS decal on it. But if your worried about resale then your cutting out much of your potential customerbase as many people like myself wouldnt consider buying a viper with a gawdy wing when there are several other non-winged examples to pick from.

Im not trying to bust your balls so please dont take my comments/opinions the wrong way.;)

Here is some more info on GTS pacecar decals for you:
- http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...ld-all-96-gtss-were-pace-car-edition-t-f.html
- http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...y-pace-car-historical-perspective-needed.html
- http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...ace-car-decal-sets-available-great-price.html

Enjoy your viper and i hope that it will see the road rather than being stashed away for collectivity purposes.:2tu:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so are you one of those types of collectors that likes stuff to be factory correct? authentic? stock?
So, which do you want? or an authentic pacecar? or a Fake Hennessy Viper? It cant be both. Actually it cant be either.. . in reality as there were only 2 real GTS pacecars produced. Sure there was a bunch of decals given to new GTS buyers and available for sale to us at the time but its nothing more than that, a decal.

If you like how the pacecar decal looks than keep it on. Over time if the decal becomes dated and cracks/fades you could possibly get a licened reproduction set from JonB. I personally like to let the curvey body pannels of the GTS speak for themselves and think that the giant decal takes away from it.
Also, the so-called prestige of a fake viper pacecar dosnt mean much to me as the Dodge Stealth was suposed to be the Pacecar that year but was later denied due to its foreign heritage. Therefore team Viper stepped in. Now, 10 years later we've got F'ing Honda & Toyota hybrids parading around our racetracks as pacecars. How you like dem apples:)

This viper is a Race car, Not a Pace car. The pacecar test driver in 1996 said this himself.
http://forums.viperclub.org/grail-trail/628863-vca-notes.html

If you like the wing then atleast remove the crooked GTS decal on it. But if your worried about resale then your cutting out much of your potential customerbase as many people like myself wouldnt consider buying a viper with a gawdy wing when there are several other non-winged examples to pick from.

Im not trying to bust your balls so please dont take my comments/opinions the wrong way.;)

- http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...ld-all-96-gtss-were-pace-car-edition-t-f.html
- http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...y-pace-car-historical-perspective-needed.html
- http://forums.viperclub.org/new-pro...ace-car-decal-sets-available-great-price.html

Enjoy your viper and i hope that it will see the road rather than being stashed away for collectivity purposes.:2tu:

Dom, I couldn't agree more. You said everything perfectly. :2tu:

I was sort of iffy on the wing but it has grown on me. What makes you think the pace car decal is fake? I was under the imression that dodge made 500 of those sets and was going to leave them on mostly since I thought now that they have been put on I would have to destroy them to take them off and might be a selling point way down the line. I assume most people leave them in the box though. Yep 24 hour access to all of the facility makes detailing way more fun with their set up.

If you like the wing and say it's grown on you, that is your own preference and whatever makes you happy is all that matters. I personally own a B/W GTS as well and would never think of putting a wing on it, I think they look atrocious. :crazy2: Did you originally look for a B/W GTS with a wing? Or this one that you decided to buy, just so happened to have it? One of my friends in the New England region bought a Red GTS that had a CF Wing on it. He didn't like it at first and planned on taking it off, but someone told him that it was expensive and a good wing, so he decided to leave it on for a little while to see if he liked it, which he did and I believe never took it off.. To each his own :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope I was not looking for one with a wing and I was not really looking for a GTS yet but at that price and an early vin I jumped on it. Thanks for posting those links I learned a lot about the 500 decal kit and the fact that a replacement might be available makes my decision to possible take them off easier. I'll have to contact johnb and see if he has any more. The individual I purchased this car from picked it up at the factory so if what I read is right they did come with the car. I can't tell you how much I wish the sticker had my name on it and not the individual I purchased it from but in 96 I was driving an 82 Buick and the Viper was but a wish I didn't think would ever come true.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't tell you how much I wish the sticker had my name on it and not the individual I purchased it from but in 96 I was driving an 82 Buick and the Viper was but a wish I didn't think would ever come true.

Well good for you, congrats on getting your viper. I'm glad you did since it seems you desserved it. I always knew I would get one someday even though a bunch of people doubted me, it was just a question of when.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line: If you like the wing, keep it. If you like the decals, keep them. Who REALLY needs to like the way YOUR car looks? Unless Dom is paying for the car then I wouldn't give a s^!t about his opinion:omg:. Or mine, or anyone elses.

When you look at your car do you get a thrill? Thats all that matters. And there is no law that states that you can't change things later.

Ron

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line: If you like the wing, keep it. If you like the decals, keep them. Who REALLY needs to like the way YOUR car looks? Unless Dom is paying for the car then I wouldn't give a s^!t about his opinion:omg:. Or mine, or anyone elses.

When you look at your car do you get a thrill? Thats all that matters. And there is no law that states that you can't change things later.

Ron

Ron, you're completely right and I 100% agree with you, since in the end all that matters is YOU being happy with your car. However, in Dom's defense, he was basically saying the same thing as you, but giving his overall honest opinion and basic facts about the Sticker, etc. by supplying links.

Thanks for posting those links I learned a lot about the 500 decal kit and the fact that a replacement might be available makes my decision to possible take them off easier.

OP
OP
V

vipertanz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know ya'll are right I don't know why I was concerned about possible resale of the vehicle. It is not a garage queen and I am not going to treat it like one I like to drive it. I figure if I keep the car lets say until I retire it will be 45 or 50 years old I can't imagine those decals will look good that far down the road anyway. I bet by then it will need restoration anyway and would sell better after that and if those decals are a selling point then I am sure somebody will have some or be able to reproduce them. I'll post a pic after I get them off. Thanks for everybody's opinion.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats on the 96GTS..... Mine was deliverd 6/8/96.....it was parked with yours at CAAP !

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, same here! I hope to buy a 95 or 02 Yellow RT/10 once my GTS is paid off.. Except, that one I am going to leave Bone Stock.... I don't care how bad the exhaust will be, I just wanna leave one of them completely stock. :) However, I'd really like to get a late year Yellow NSX and/or white 911 Turbo. So I'm not sure which car will be my next one. :D

Ahhh...music to my ears...:slomo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te