New owner escapes the East Coast Winter Storm!

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm happy to say that we made it back safe and sound escaping the East Coast blizzard returning from the Virginia/DC area to Sunny Florida after picking up my '01 Sapphire/Silver GTS. :2tu:

My connecting flight into Richmond via Atlanta was canceled due to bad weather. :omg: However, I had an option of flying into Reagan in which I took the offer. I was aware of the storm and planned to wait her out once I was there. :eater:

The weather around the DC/Fairfax area was not bad. It appeared that the storm circled the DC area. Monday morning we picked her up from the owners home where his wife had fresh coffee and home made cookies waiting for us. :D What a great couple to meet in person who also happens to be long time VCA members.

I ended up with 950+ miles of smiles in her. What a fun car to drive and be in. I have no idea where the “perception” about Vipers ride rough, rattle your teeth, not good for long distance driving etc. come from. My buddy and I both agreed that the car is very comfortable. I’m looking forward to putting many more miles on her. Now, I will admit the heat/ac control system or lack of, will need some getting used to :cool: Hi-Flow cats are on the short list before the Florida heat arrives however, the heat was welcomed for this winter drive.

After doing all of my homework, having it inspected by a certified tech, having driven two prior, I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. I have to say, this car exceeded my expectations which is always a good thing for a buyer. Thank you again for all of those who provided tips, contacts and feedback.

Packing the car and getting ready for the JOURNEY! :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Stop #1 at a friends house for the night. This is one of those times when you want to scream :omg: :censored: as you pull up to the street to find not all of the snow has been cleared and you're literally driving on ICE! So what do you do? Make it happen :crazy2::eek:

Home sweet home and all cleaned up:2tu:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sweeeeeet, i'm kinda bummed now I only bought mine 150 miles away, but I still had a blast bringing her home with my dad, good times!

G

Gotvenom 08

Congrats on the new viper ownership.I remember mine like it was yesterday.This is a great forum,and any questions you have about your viper will be answered.There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are willing to answer all your questions.Just a great club,that watches over it's own.

That being said,I would like to give to you a key chain fob that I make.It is FREE and I WILL PAY FOR POSTAGE.Send me a PM with your info and I will mail it out.

(side note) any one have a problem with that.....????????

Blue is the closest color I have to match your car.

Welcome to the best car club ever!:2tu:

I know you will be peeking in your garage(the next few month/yrs) to look at your car.We all do,its just part of the process of owning a viper.Look in garage,see car.....and SMILE.....repeat over and over.:D

Timbo

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats :2tu: We should've driven ours home from Fresno CA to Houston TX, it would have been more fun than handing Reliable 1k :crazy2:

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new car! I had a similar experience actually. I bought an 2008 Coupe in Dallas, TX on Dec. 15th and drove it back to Washington, DC (Fairfax, VA actually) over three days. I stopped in Tuscaloosa, AL and Charlotte, NC to see friends but was most thankful that I missed most of the really bad weather. I hit some snow and rain, but honestly never had one issue. All told I covered about 1700 miles and had a great time! Here's to better weather on the East Coast!!

YouTube - 2008 Viper

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, great color choice:)

I am impressed to see all these guys picking up Vipers in this weather, shows how much you want your car!

Pm me your address if you would like one of my Viper magazines from the past year!

OP
OP
T

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new viper ownership.I remember mine like it was yesterday.This is a great forum,and any questions you have about your viper will be answered.There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are willing to answer all your questions.Just a great club,that watches over it's own.

That being said,I would like to give to you a key chain fob that I make.It is FREE and I WILL PAY FOR POSTAGE.Send me a PM with your info and I will mail it out.

(side note) any one have a problem with that.....????????

Blue is the closest color I have to match your car.

Welcome to the best car club ever!:2tu:

I know you will be peeking in your garage(the next few month/yrs) to look at your car.We all do,its just part of the process of owning a viper.Look in garage,see car.....and SMILE.....repeat over and over.:D

Timbo

Timbo: I could not agree with you more. The Viper family is great! I received a lot of offers to assist and helpul tips for my journey. Thank you for the key ring...you have a PM.

Congrats looks gorgeous! Obviously you have impeccable taste!!!

Goldcup right back at you bro. Needless to say, it was a tough choice :2tu:

Congrats, great color choice:)

I am impressed to see all these guys picking up Vipers in this weather, shows how much you want your car!

Pm me your address if you would like one of my Viper magazines from the past year!

Leslie: Oh yeah. I had a plan of when and how I was going to make it happen for a few months. A little bad weather could not stop things. Now if it where in PA/NY, then I would be here talking about my trip NEXT MONTH!:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave