New question: GTS vs. RT/10

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the last string of messages about GTS vs. RT/10, and now understand the advantages of each. I have two questions: (1) At what speed does the better drag coefficient of the GTS become a significant advantage over the RT/10. (2) How much structural rigidity is lost in the RT/10 body vs. the GTS? I'm looking to build a quick drag car (high 8's, low 9's) out of a streetable Viper eventually - would an RT/10 flex too much for that application (1200+ hp)? Thanks.
Chris

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It seems that the RT/10's have a "bit" more front end lift over 145 ... and get progressively "lighter" as your speed increases. This can actually be improved by some add-on appendages.

1200 HP! creates ALOT of issues with half shafts, suspension AND drivetrain....but not sure if there are any frame flexing issues.

Don Nase might be able to answer your question ... or some of the other 9 second club guys.

OP
OP
G

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, the rearend and rear suspension will probably be tossed in favor of a solid 9" or Dana 60. This should hook up a little better off the line than the IRS, in addition to providing a little extra beef. Thanks for the response!
Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang