New Radiator from X2Builders

Suregrip391

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these radiators as of late? Quality? How well they cool? How is the “fit” as there were issues with the inlet early on being at the wrong angle…. I think this has been resolved though over the years?

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put one in my GTS shortly after getting it in 2018.

It was very similar to the stock radiator that came out, has performed well with no issues. As far as fitment, It fit really well. Most of the complaints come from the inlet and outlet necks not being aligned properly to fit. While it is a tight fit, it went in with no issues.

I also could not find a stock replacement when I was shopping, there were X2 replacements that seemed reasonably priced, and aluminum radiators that were a lot more expensive, and I worried about longevity with the aluminum ones.

I would/will buy an X2 replacement again.

Seems like the only options for replacement radiators is:

- Re-core the stock unit, if you can find a radiator shop that still does it
- Buy the X2 unit
- Buy an aftermarket aluminum unit

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off-alignment necks can be very carefully bent where they need to go. I've used a coated hammer handle as a lever to coax the upper neck on my stocker after a cleaning when they didn't get the tank soldered back square. If I needed to do it again, I'd probably get a short piece of 1.75" OD PVC (Lower is 2") to insert and pull gently. You could need to use a combination of the two.

BoondocSaint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed one last year. Overall, the build quilty was good and looked OEM. The radiator came packaged well. I didn't have a problem with necks being misaligned, maybe they have addressed this over the years. The radiator installed just as easily as the old one came out. The only thing I didn't like was finding some leftover flux that was rattling around. I was able to empty it out, but I think it's something that should have been addressed in QC. Overall it has been a good radiator having survived a track day and a few bouts in traffic without any cooling issues.

OP
OP
Suregrip391

Suregrip391

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just told x2 builders will not be selling the new copper/brass radiators anymore. What a shame, was going to spring for one just to put on the shelf, as always, I’m too late……do we have any other options for copper/brass in new form or recored only?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your end tanks are still good, just find a local radiator shop that can install a new 3-row core. I did that in January. If it's over about $750, keep shopping.

I did a water pump with the FK impeller last summer. It's HAMMER TIME now!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21