New sqeak in the dash in my 02. How easy to fix?

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a fresh squeak that popped up a couple of days ago after going over some railroad tracks. Somewhere to the left of the steering wheel and shallow if you know what I mean. I thought about some kind of shim where the dash pieces meet but that seems like kind of a scabby repair. The dash looks like it comes apart easier than some other cars so maybe I sjould open it up. Anyone dealt with this themselves? Maybe I should just bring it into a body shop.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nuck,

Do you have the Service Manual? Can tell you that the dash does come apart very easily. Hate to see you spend money on something you can do yourself. Need the address for the manual? Simple stuff. Couple of screw drivers.

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it is that simple yes I guess. I just looked on Ebay. They list a body service manual and a general service manual. Let me know. thks L

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! When you say it comes apart easily, are we talking a couple of hours in and out? Did you do change your dash out yourself?

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes Bruce. Definitely that first. :) It has a panel on panel sqweak as opposed to an inside rattle. thks L

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang