New SRT 10 High Flow Air Filters

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
These new filters developed for team Oreca Viper race team offer 20% more flow than the production filters and filter down to 5 microns. We have found the production SRT/10 airbox to be a very efficient design, except for the filters until now the only filter available was the K&N. Unfortunately it was not properly sized for this application. These filters are washable and reusable and have a very rigid construction.

$150 a set
Call for details!
You must be registered for see images

Our new Green Filters compared to the K&N
You must be registered for see images

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is this the same filter that Snake Oyl is selling? If not, how is it different? Thanks.

Same great filter, less money from D-C Perf or PartsRack. Way more surface and flow flow than the japanesey-generic alternative red cones, too short. OE too restrictive. K+N has NO SRT-10 rated filter at this time...just generics.

"supposedly" Green has an independent dyno dest, "supposedly" published in a very recent Hemmings Motor News, testing this filter in an SRT-10. The HP gain is too unbelievable to POST, so I await the test results. (More than 30HP claimed per Green-USA...stay tuned..they are putting a copy in our next filter shipment)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WILL THE STOCK HOUSING COVER FIT? OR DO YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE TOP? I DON'T SEE ANY CLAMPS.. HOW DO THE FILTERS STAY ON? I HEARD THAT THE MOST HP GAIN IS IN THE SMOOTH TUBE. (DOES ANYONE SELL THE TUBE AND FILTER AS A KIT FOR THE SRT?)

THANKS
VD..

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,

30 HP, just with the filter? You're kidding, right? If you're not and their claim proves to be accurate, send me one right away.

p.s., thanks for the Corsa catback. It's AWESOME.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30HP? That must be tested on the same dyno that those car & driver and motor trend cover Vipers from Texas were tested on back in the day.

Right when you think you have heard it all, a new classic claim surfaces.....

;)

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jason is spot on, you do not see huge hp gains from air filter mods unless you work for Motor Trend! When we worked with K&N to develop the first Viper air filter back in 1995 we were amazed to see a 12-15hp gain. I am afraid it is not going to be as much for the SRT 10 as the airbox is a very good design. It is nice to know that a filter is available with the largest surface area and highest flow for this application. Expect 6-10hp depending on your mods.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put these on my car also and yes they look just like the ones I purchased from Snake Oil. They are manufactured by "Green Force" out of Penn. The only problem with these if you run Viper Days you will be penalized 1 point in the matrix because they are not stock or not K&N's. As far As I know K&N still has not released their direct stock replacement filter. Running on the street you can not detect any increase in performance from the stock filter. So in my book they were not worth the investment. If someone wants mine let me know and I will sell them to you for $75.00, then buy the K&N's when they come out. If interested send me a private email and we can work something out.

OP
OP
D

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay to your questions as I have only checked the board today.

1. The cover will fit over the air box just like the production setup.

2. With a change of 6-10 hp this is not a change that will make the car "feel" much faster, but in combination with the other mods it does add up.

Thanks!