NEW TAKE ON A TRIED AND TRUE INTAKE........

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out our new "Max Flow" Intake system for the viper(all models)with click to enlarge pics at Http://btrviper.com

Similiar to those used on race vipers, this system incorporates 4" Chrome plated intake tubes with COLOR MATCHED(red, yellow, blue, black) rubber throttle body mounts and COLOR MATCHED K&N filter connections and caps!

The kit includes K&N Cone Filters with Filter Charger Kit, oil breather kit for Gen 1 / race setup cars, and all necessary hoses and connectors.

For our introductory price of $ 399.00 you can't beat the performance(as much as 10 rwhp) and added Appeal to your engine compartment!

thanks

tom

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you see a larger gain by just going to smooth tubes and K&N's?

Does engine heat play a factor in this system since the air filters are no longer isolated from the engine compartment?

This seems to be a more appearance-oriented mod?

Matt

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

I agree that most folks are concerned with the appearance of the mods to their cars, smooth tubes don't look good. The HMS Carbon Fiber Airbox is great looking piece, but the stock box lacks luster.

I only represent items that genuinely increase power while at the same time add appeal to the car, or in the case of our nitrous kit which adds appealing POWER while remaining undetectable to the novice eye.

The heat argument is one of choice. Some "fresh" air will now flow over the engine that did not before because it rammed into the airbox(which by the way sits on top of the radiator which is VERY HOT). Take a look at the pictures on the website, you will notice that the filters sit directly in the airstream, not down behined the radiator. There are a lot of vipers running setups like this, we just wanted to improve upon the looks of a proven system while adding larger piping for more charged air to the throttle bodies.

Give one a try, if you don't like it, send it back.

Thanks for your questions.

tom
Http://btrviper.com

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, are there any issues with porting the Nitrous you guys sell into those chrome tubes? I am finally getting my Nitrous installed on Thursday and looking forward to it. I made my own smooth tubes but must admit the chrome tubes and cone filters look better.

Pardon my ignorance on this but don't you lose the psuedo ram-air system and end up losing hp at higher speeds (where the air pressure would normally increase)?

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patrick,

The nitrous nozzles will fit nicely into the chrome tubes. The blind nuts that hold the nozzles in place are designed for use with several different types of materials.

As for the ram air effect of the stock airbox, I have not been able to test the pressure theory, i can say though that my mph in the quarter mile has increased with the use of this system which means an increase in hp. I know of others that have also seen an improvement in 1/4 mile trap speeds with this type of intake system.

tom
Http://btrviper.com

BTW,I must say though that the stock tubes work very nice for nitrous installation if you are trying to conceal the nozzles from view and not have the "hot rod" look. I recommend wrapping the braided steel nitrous feed lines with plastic corrogated wire wrap to conceal them from the untrained eye, if you are trying to keep your system "invisible"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang