New Track in Virginia: Cars Wanted

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search for a web site. It came up with dragonsridge.com. The map shows it to be due east of Richmond about 150 miles from Raleigh (as the crow flies). The web site says it is a 2 mile track.

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you may or may not know, Dragons Ridge is a new road racing track that will be opening in New Kent County. As a part of their efforts to introduce themselves to the local community, they are going to have an exhibit at the New Kent County fair and are inviting race cars, specials, and historics to exhibit.

We'll need to keep the noise down to some degree (after all, we are tying to demonstrate that a race track in the area is a GOOD thing).

The fair hours are:

Fair hours are: Thurs 15 Aug, 6pm-10pm
Friday 16 Aug, 6pm-10pm
Sat 17 Aug, 8am-10pm
Sun 18 Aug, 8am-10pm

If you think you might like to participate, please send me an e-mail. I have to give them some car counts.

Thanks!

-Dan

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RC Viper:
I did a search for a web site. It came up with dragonsridge.com. The map shows it to be due east of Richmond about 150 miles from Raleigh (as the crow flies). The web site says it is a 2 mile track.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice job on the search, the website looks interesting, but needs more details, e.g., pics of the track, specific directions, etc. I'd be interested, but would have to play it by ear whether I could do it that weekend...

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they letting people "try it out" those dates? I would be interested in going up there. I have that week off!

Randy/John,
You guys interested in checking it out thurs or fri?

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, the track isn't open yet. They are just now getting it built and hopefully it will open next year. The track is trying to demonstrate that car people are fun and interesting and is putting together a SHOW for the local county fair. New Kent is between Williamsburg and Richmond. I am just trying to get the local guys to come out and play.

I assure you, once the track is open, I will let all of you know the details. I am pretty excited about a new track opening just 30 miles from my house. VIR is a world-class and just a few hours away, but this will be hard to beat for convenience!

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan Wilson, who is credited with the design of this track, is the same guy who designed the recently opened BeaverRun track outside of Pittsburgh, PA. www.beaverun.com

Any idea how far along they are in raising the needed cash to get started? It's a shame that with 600 acres that they are not intending to build a longer road course
rolleyes.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well if anyone from the Balt/Annap/DC area is going I might tag along just for the excitment. Not a whole lot going on around here in the dog days...

Let me know...

snakoil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Are you working with them also? We are doing the masterplan for the track. I've got the layout at my office if you want to see it. We'll have the graphic boards for the fair you are talking about.

Track layout was by Alan Wilson of CO. We've suggested a few changes to them go make it a little faster and make it a little more competitive between cars that have fast top speed and cars that might be lighter and more maneuverable. (Got to make it easy for my F-5 to beat the FV's!)

Currently, it's two connected tracks 1.15 and 1.8 miles. The long track is 2.97 miles. Future plans indicate an extension that could add another 3/4 of a mile. As a point of reference, VIR is 3.27 miles on the long course.

PS: Wait to you see what we are designing at RIR. It will be huge departure from what you are used to.........

I could bring the F-5 or Viper down if you need another car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456