New twin supercharger system pics!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just too bad it won't fit a Viper. This is the latest project to be completed at the shop. This was originally a 450 hp 99 Diablo VT. It is now a 680 hp Ferarri killer. :eek:

218diablo_004-med.jpg

I have some other pictures as well as a video of this car on the dyno. I can post the pictures if you want and if someone knows how to post a mpeg I can send you the video.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible looking Jason. And I think just plain "killer" is more accurate--that baby will kill a lot more than Ferraris. :)

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that baby will kill a lot more than Ferraris. :)
I didn't want to be the one to say it. Thanks for the compliments guys. Yes I personally did this car. I'm not sure exactly what model years this will work on due to production differences but it really doesn't matter, a custom kit is a custom kit.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you by any chance do Mercedes? I have an E55 coming which could use a little TLC

What's the matter Ben, 12.7 at 117 in a stock luxo-barge not enough for you? :)

I wouldn't doubt that Jason may be able to come up with something, but I'm guessing a smaller pulley may be the way to go. I'm thinking you couldn't change to a centrifugal without fabbing up a new intake (would one from the previous n/a E55 fit?). Jason, I hope you charged that guy something commensurate with the auto jewelry you gave him back.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> What's the matter Ben, 12.7 at 117 in a stock luxo-barge not enough for you?

I assume this is a rhetorical question? :)

The stock Merc blower is good to at least mid-500 HP (Brabus sells a package), so all it should take is a pulley swap, bigger intercooler, and maybe a little ECU tweaking. I figure that, an exhaust, high-flow cats, and it should be a good low-120s machine. Not too bad for a boring 4-door sedan.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, email me the MPG video and I can post and link it for you.

What brand are the pumps? ProCharger? More pics would be AWESOME!

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys. This system utilizes twin Vortech E trim head units that together make 4 psi. Ben, sorry, I don't know much about Mercedes, I would call Renntech. Scott, I guess you're right, a 680 hp awd Diablo is cool but if I had to maintain all that shiny stuff, you can keep it. :D

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jason great work! i never heard such a great sounding v12 diablo. :D

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWEET! The Webber injection on those cars lends little to the imagination when it comes to tuning, unless you upgraded to a complete new system? Very nice work as usual, Jason!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang