New Twin Turbo system from West Coast Viper

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, any updates on the TT? What HP & TQ did you get out of it?
P.S. it looks great!!

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, yes how is it coming. You know those gen1's will produce a ton of torque. I would not be suprised if it is over 1000 ft lbs!!!

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks cool, but with all of that exhaust tubing in the engine compartment, isn't heat soak going to be a complete *****?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No numbers yet, the turbos were sent out to have the purple inside case marking changed to red. (a customer preference after he saw them purple) We just got them back and are starting the in-car install!

The heat soak from having the turbos down where they were on my car originally was actually the problem. The location of the turbos on the new system allows for air to pull the heat right across the compressor housings all the time. Additionally, the turbos are ******** coated with a ceramic coating that keeps the heat in. (helps spooling big time too!) A number of people have asked about that heat issue, including one recently, that was the first to ask about the heat affecting the serpentine belt. (that was brought up in our internal feasibility meetings, but this was the first time a VCA'er asked that one) All these items were addressed by the contracted engineer on this design and we got the green light! We will have the car on the dyno and being tuned soon and complete and detailed performance specs will be posted in this thread. Kit form instructions are being authored also. Thanks to all for the interest!

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a winner, Jason :) Can't wait to see it!

Mike

No numbers yet, the turbos were sent out to have the purple inside case marking changed to red. (a customer preference after he saw them purple) We just got them back and are starting the in-car install!

The heat soak from having the turbos down where they were on my car originally was actually the problem. The location of the turbos on the new system allows for air to pull the heat right across the compressor housings all the time. Additionally, the turbos are ******** coated with a ceramic coating that keeps the heat in. (helps spooling big time too!) A number of people have asked about that heat issue, including one recently, that was the first to ask about the heat affecting the serpentine belt. (that was brought up in our internal feasibility meetings, but this was the first time a VCA'er asked that one) All these items were addressed by the contracted engineer on this design and we got the green light! We will have the car on the dyno and being tuned soon and complete and detailed performance specs will be posted in this thread. Kit form instructions are being authored also. Thanks to all for the interest!

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A number of people have asked about that heat issue, including one recently, that was the first to ask about the heat affecting the serpentine belt.

It was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the design, so I had to ask when I spoke to you. Good luck racing this weekend...

P.S. I hope you didn't me bugging you again today, thanks for answering my nitrous questions.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
details, details, details. The intake manifold is at the custom paint shop. It is getting the smoothie treatment like Foose did on one of his projects.... I am VERY ready for it to be back!

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: Sorry for all the delays in responding. We have been very busy. (so much that we can't even get down to VOI this year. No customer wants to hear we are stopping work to go to Texas) Here are the pics of the kit on the car. Intake should be installed next week and fuel system is done. Dyno numbers coming right after. Then finally, pricing. Thanks for all the interest.

-Jason

You must be registered for see images

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
from the WCV website

Two ITS T03/T04 Dual-Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbos rated @ 550HP each

(Turbos are cooled by engine coolant – lubricated with engine oil)

Adjustable from 7-15 PSI - inlet temperature only 50 over ambient

Two HKS Sequential blow off valves (adjustable rate and tension)

Two Turbonetics wastegates w/multiple spring sets and boost adjust ports

Two mid pipe connectors (adapts to factory tubular headers)

Two custom side sill pipes with resonators and cat delete

SplitSec FTC-02 (fuel & timing computer w/laptop interface) & Harness’s

MSD Viper Boost Retard box w/ in car dial (adjust on the fly for bad gas, weather)

In tank 255lph upgraded feeder pump

Barry Grant King Sumo 2000HP Fuel pump

CPR billet Regulator w/return and 1:1 boost reference

10 (ten) CPR 42 pound high rate fuel-injectors

Two custom billet fuel rails

Two 02 eliminators (replaces factory 02 sensors in rear bank)

Custom front mount intercooler w/top balance tank (81” Charge Area)

Two K&N Conical Air filters with a mod plate for aid in airflow

Two Custom oil pans for Turbos w/oil plumbing lines and internal baffles

Two electric oil pumps for Turbos w/lines for oil return and wiring/relay package

Modified passenger side valve cover for oil return lines

Fuel tank pickup modifications and return line outlets

Full braided fuel system lines with A/N fittings throughout

Complete plumbing for vacuum / boost regulation w/manual boost controller

Complete stainless steel piping for fresh and pressurized air

Autometer boost gauge with column mount

Autometer fuel pressure gauge with cowling mount

Flowmaster dual chamber mufflers in factory position

All other braided lines, couplings, harness & relay sets, etc. included

FTC Tuning software (R4 controller)

GEN2 forged motor will make 700WHP on 91 octane fuel.

1 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Regular price: $29,995.00Sale price: $25,000.00

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is not the same system West Coast is doing. That is the Axis kit Jason T. used. I believe West Coast's kit is being co-developed by Pro Turbo kits.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was an installed price 2 years ago. Note these are 03/04 hybred turbos and are not real efficent at the airflow required for those Hp numbers he claimed. The post above is NOT Westo Coast Vipers kit. Thier's was a front mounted kit while the Axis kit above is mounted low and requires pumps to get the oil back to the pan. The West Coast kit also used T60 turbos (much larger than the hybreds on the axis kit)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth