New Viper in France

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks ! the weather is good now, I drove it last saturday .... so great !! I reach 140mph ... ;)

I cannot wait to drive it again !

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In fact there are some .... but I forgot during a few seconds !!

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was Germany, without the speed limit. That is cool, on the highway there are places where we are allowed to drive a car to the max!

Does anyone know if there is a forum or club for vipers in the Netherlands, Germany or belgium? My French is really bad.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes ... but european viper forums are more or less "dead" compared to this forum ... what do you want to know? I am German.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a couple of Viper owners on a general car enthusiast forum over here but nothing Viper specific I'm afraid.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh I don't need to know anything in particular, but I am going to buy one and on one hand it's pretty cool that the car is that exclusive in the Netherlands, but on the other hand it's a pitty not to meet anybody with the same car.
I am on the ring a couple times a year, maybe I will meet some viper owners there.

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The French forum viperpassion.com is not so small now... 15/20 active owners and 20 mores read/write on the forum sometimes.

How could it be validated by the VCA ?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's true, European street (and roads) are not enough wide to drive a viper safely. But, we get used to ... and we enjoy it the most on the highway or on national road, kind of highway but with some wide coners ;)

For info, our highway is not so wide than yours ... we only have 3 way on it :p and 1 way on national !

As soon as the weather become shiny, i'll make you some pictures of my viper with beautiful landmark.

PS : I drove a WV polo 4cyl 1,2L 45ch for daily driving ... easy to park, low fuel .... soporific stuff ....

The following pictures was taken in the south of France, beautiful 96 GTS on the french little and twisty roads !

You must be registered for see images

VEry nice pics!

But if I am seeing correctly, is that a Florida plate?:confused: Does that work in France?

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he still also has a house or adres in Florida,it shouldn't be a problem. but those are really nice pics indeed

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No it's not legal in France, but you have 4 month after the custom to registred the car with a french plate.

To Roy, if you stay more than 6 month per year in France, you have to registrated your car in France.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car Cyruss, I also do some Euro meets, I will be in Hockenheim with other Viper owners 16th to 18th of April for the Jim Clark meeting.

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Paul,

We (french Viper Club - not official yet :( ) will be at Le Mans Classic on July.

Hope to meet you somewhere in Europe one day !

graphite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Cyruss,
I am located near Heidelberg Germany. We will be at the 24 Heurs du Mans Auto in June. Some of us will be at the classic too. Welcome to the wonderful world of Vipers in Europe.
PS You do have some speed limits in France. Just a friendly reminder. ViperGTS knows a lot of Viper peoplein France.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Cyruss,
I am located near Heidelberg Germany. We will be at the 24 Heurs du Mans Auto in June. Some of us will be at the classic too. Welcome to the wonderful world of Vipers in Europe.
PS You do have some speed limits in France. Just a friendly reminder. ViperGTS knows a lot of Viper peoplein France.

Which Heidelberg are you from, the one near Mannheim, or the one in East Germany? If you are near Mannheim, maybe we can meet sometime at the ring or such? PM me if you go there! I am there a couple of times a year.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Cyruss,

a few of us will at LM24H as well, were camping in Houx Annex if you want to pop over for a beer

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I won't be at Le Mans 24H, only the classic Le Mans. That be great if we can all meet there in July.

The Viperpassion's club (viper club in France) will be with the "Emotion auto prestige"'s club, we'll have a stand booked. There wil be other car too : Veyron, Murcie SV, Ferrari California, Mercedes SLS, 2010 GT3RS, enzo ... and 7 Vipers to show them what is a real men's car ! ;)

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some news about the Viper !!!

First road test ... (last week)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLGT6rfV_GM[/media]

And the first track event was last friday.

It is a little track, not many cars, but with some pro driver to teach you how to drive.

We were 12 on the track : some Porsche Carrera 2, Skyline R35 GTR, Lotus Europa SE ...

The rain came for the afternoon .... It was fun but difficult to learn how to "drift" with the beast ;)

The video will be on youtube as soon as possible.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see you enjoy the beast! :2tu:

Good to see that you go to the track and drive there :drive::2tu:
Where is the track?

That front license plate has to go - looks silly :D :D :D

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this is the ABBEVILLE Track, north of France.

You must be registered for see images attach

Concerning the licence plate, it is this sticker or a big plastic front licence plate in the middle of the bumper ! lol ... I choose the sticker ;)

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you racing a Renault Espace?!? Luckily you won!!;)

No seriously, nice looking car and fun to see it on video off course.

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Renault espace..... nooottt att alllll !!

@my_viper : B/W ?

Here is the link to see the video : [media]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcviw2_dodge-viper-gts-stage-pilotage-abbe_auto[/media]

18min - half dry track half wet track ...

V

Venomiss

@my_viper : B/W ?

Here is the link to see the video : [media]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcviw2_dodge-viper-gts-stage-pilotage-abbe_auto[/media]
18min - half dry track half wet track ...

It didn't show up?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not have the details but a local dealer here just sold a 97 B/W to someone in France. The car should be leaving within the next week. The car was initially owned by a KC owner who traded for a GEN IV ACR.

Bruce

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just a joke, but you áre racing against this renault espace cross country in the Youtube-vid at 2.50. You hold still next to it, and :drive: away with the camera pointed in the sidemirror. Lots of american people tend to film highwayraces like that, but mostly it's between lambo's and Viper or such:lmao:

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ahh lol

Yes, this "race" was easy .... but I didn't find anybody else on that road !

OP
OP
C

Cyruss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SO .... I finally found some "players" !

here are some pics :

My times:
400m DA (1/4mile) : 12,2s (five time, no slick tires :( )
1000m DA (0,625miles): 21,3s (First, 2nd GTR35 Skyline Mine's)
50(30mph) à 200km/h (125mph) : 10,0s (First, 2nd Porsche GT2 at 0,1s)
50 (30mph) à 250km/h (156mph): 17,1s (First)

Other pics :
Battle no limit - a set on Flickr