New Viper Owner (Gen II)!!

SilverViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am 26 and I bought my first Viper two weeks ago.

A GTS MY 1997, original color: blue with stripes, repainted silver in 1998 by Chrysler (the original owner did not like the original color and the stripes). The original owner also upgraded to 1998 wheels. The car is in perfect condition with only 22 000 miles.

Here are the pics:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a shame. The Blue/White combo will always be the classic color combo thought of when you hear Viper GTS. Anyways congrats on the purchase. The silver color is also nice!! Heck any color on the Viper is awesome.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks good, but repainted?! Do you mean they had a dealership repaint it? Hope you made sure it hadn't been damaged...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Silver,

As usual I'll be the wet blanket here and just doube check that you ran the VIN? The only two 97 GTSs on my sneaky little list were both "DC repainted" to help wash the title. I don't think either is yours (one was pearl white the other dark purple) but to repaint a brand new car a colour that was known to be common in 98 sounds fishy to me.

If you are sure than congrats, the Silver is my favorte colour only seconded by steel grey.

OP
OP
S

SilverViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am from Montreal, Canada.

The car was not damaged nor stolen. I checked the VIN and the car was fully inspected by Chrysler. The original owner simply repainted it by pure caprice.

I do not like the stripes too, so I prefer the current color... but that's just me!!! ;)

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here I am wanting to repaint down the road to blue/white from red/silver (though I might not b/c I don't want to look like a poser)...

sheesh.

Beautiful car, enjoy!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverViperGTS:
I am from Montreal, Canada.

The car was not damaged nor stolen. I checked the VIN and the car was fully inspected by Chrysler. The original owner simply repainted it by pure caprice.

I do not like the stripes too, so I prefer the current color... but that's just me!!! ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Glad to hear, enjoy!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a quick question for everybody, if the car gets repainted NOT the original color, will that kill resale value? I have seriously been considering painting mine with the blue and white stripe theme(I hate the fact black gets dirty so fast
pissed.gif
Besides I wanted the best color combo out there!

Mike

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike:

&gt;&gt;&gt;Besides I wanted the best color combo out there!&lt;&lt;&lt;
laugh.gif

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
haveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
SILVER with SILVER stripes!

BURNOUT.gif

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As its so ever apparent I take exception with repaints to different colours. As a general rule most dealerships will low ball you on trade because you really can't prove the car wasn't damaged in some way. But like most things there are exceptions to the G.Rule.