New Viper owner has a few questions.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm sure there are some local driving courses at moroso in palm beach. check out this link to a previous post since you live in the area. the first friday in feb is coming up next week. I will be at there to meet the other local vca members and check out the rides.and learn new stuff about the car.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=630755&Forum=All_Forums&Words=9602&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=630636&Search=true#Post630755

dont really know how to link the post properly but hope that works.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burning Soap residue...from soapy car-wash water.
It runs down inside the engine bay and sidesill seams and gets on the cats.
Cats incinerate the soap film and dirty-road film inpurities from the water.
The residue scorches and stinks, sometimes for a few hours.

Just the answer i was looking for, thanks.

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm sure there are some local driving courses at moroso in palm beach. check out this link to a previous post since you live in the area. the first friday in feb is coming up next week. I will be at there to meet the other local vca members and check out the rides.and learn new stuff about the car.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=630755&Forum=All_Forums&Words=9602&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=630636&Search=true#Post630755

dont really know how to link the post properly but hope that works.

Oh wow, thats great! I use to go to tower shops all the time with my old cars. I will definitly try to make it out there. If its not this month, it will be next month for sure.

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now come on guys, we all know that Yellow SRT 10s don't need to be washed. They are the fastest of the SRT line and dirt simply doesn't have time to stick to the car! Congrats on the car - great color, and the fastest snake version that DC has ever made!
8707VIPERSAT_006-med.jpg

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now come on guys, we all know that Yellow SRT 10s don't need to be washed. They are the fastest of the SRT line and dirt simply doesn't have time to stick to the car! Congrats on the car - great color, and the fastest snake version that DC has ever made!
8707VIPERSAT_006-med.jpg

Looks just like mine! :D

Thanks btw!

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with it. Yellow is a great color for the Viper. DC actually makes the engine firing sequence hotter in the Yellow SRT 10s then any other color. Good luck, be gentle with the accelerator until you get used to the power. The car is very safe if you respect it - you can still have a blast with it by being cautious. Enjoy amigo! :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am sorry to keep bumping this thread up, but it seems you guys are the most reliable source to get answers from. I was just wondering how often the car needs to be serviced or have an oil change. I called the dealer I bought it from and they said I should have got a book to tell me, but all I have is an owners manual and no service book, and since it was not a dodge dealer he didn't know. So before I called dodge and spoke to someone that didn't know much, might as well ask the guys with first hand experience.

My car was bought with 2,400 miles, and i now have 2,700. So i do not even know when a last oil change was. (if it even had one).

How often should I get an oil change? And is there ANY other services I need to know about? I have no idea since I don't have a book on this and the dealer was not sure. So I want to be sure I don't miss out on any services or oil changes. I came from Mercedes so I am use to having oil changes every 10-13k miles, I know that's not how it works with this car so I would like to be sure.

Thanks a lot!

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would change it NOW, then every 3000 miles thereafter.

Thanks, i will call tomorrow and make an appointment to get it done. Any other sevices i need to know of? any big ones to change anything else? i wanna make sure i keep the snake running as good as it can.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS