New Viper owner here

VipaLovah

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys... Just put the 900th mile on my "new" Viper in 3 weeks. Its a 2000 GTS, black with black interior, had 17400 on the clock, and completely bone stock (for now!). This is my first viper, and I was a bit nervous when I first picked her up. It took me about 200 miles to get used to it, just needed that time to bond. WOW, when that throttle goes down, the roar of the V10 coming alive just brings out the little kid in you :D . This car has been my dream since I was 13yrs old, and I am loving every second of it.

Some random thoughts so far...

The attention you get in this is ridiculous, and this is LA! I mean I was warned about this, but I had NO idea. Thus far it has all been positive. I get thumbs from people on the road, especially with other sports cars. I take it out friday, sat nights and valet it in front of a restaurant or club, and theres usually a few people taking pictures. I park next to a $200k Aston and oddly this gets more people looking! Ok so maybe too much attention can be a bad thing, but I definitely dont mind it :D

Im a big guy, 6'5" about 240lbs, and I just about perfectly fit into the GTS. Lots of headroom, left knee could use more space (because of the headlight switch). My passengers find the room more than adequate.

Black is a hard color to keep clean. My main problem is that we have some of the hardest water in southern cal, and even a simple wash or a spray off can turn deadly. I am having a tough time dealing with hard water spotting. I do my best to wipe off everything, but you cant help but miss a spot or two after a wash. A car that gets this much attention cannot look dirty or have defects! unacceptable!! Is there such a thing as too much Zaino?

So where do I meet other Viper owners... im in SoCal near Thousand Oaks. I am joining the VCA btw. Would definitely like to check out other rides, and get some upgrade ideas.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where do I meet other Viper owners... im in SoCal near Thousand Oaks. I am joining the VCA btw. Would definitely like to check out other rides, and get some upgrade ideas.

You just opened up a huge can of worms... the SoCal Viper Club is pretty active, so there's plenty to do with other members. I'm sure members will chime in shortly.

Welcome to the party, pal! :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the show.:2tu:

The only sports cars you'll be invisable to are Vettes.:rolaugh:

Try a 1'' lowering kit for your seat. Just make sure when you install it you pitch to front up with a few washers and longer bolts.:usa:

OP
OP
V

VipaLovah

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ill defn keep that in mind when I do the seat lowering, was on the shortlist of things I need to do asap. So far I havent dislocated my left knee yet.

Ive run into two black C6, and a red convertible C6, a black 911 C4S and a few modified G35's on the 101 here. I think your right about some Vette owners tho, they sorta dont acknowledge you. Maybe they think im some young punk trying to pick a race :drive:

V

Venomiss

Here is the website for Southern California Viper Club

http://www.socalviper.com/

Here is the thread with info to join the VCA

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603453
Once you are a member you can also post in the socal forums along with all the other perks:
buying raffle tickets for the new 2008 along with many others.
For the black car be sure to look in the detailing tips and tricks forum.
Welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome VipaLovah!!

Enjoy the ride and definitely attend some club events and you'll start to see the potential these cars have. Some owners like to autocross, some like to drag race, some like to just "Carry a big Stick" as they drive the streets knowing that most anything out there can't touch your Viper.

One of my favorite things is when kids see the car while with their parents is to ask the parent if they'll like to have their child sit in the car......you wouldn't believe how rewarding it is to hear some young boy or girl after telling their Dad or Mom..."I'm gonna buy a Viper someday, that was awesome!" and the smile on their face is near permanent!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
V

VipaLovah

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of my favorite things is when kids see the car while with their parents is to ask the parent if they'll like to have their child sit in the car......you wouldn't believe how rewarding it is to hear some young boy or girl after telling their Dad or Mom..."I'm gonna buy a Viper someday, that was awesome!" and the smile on their face is near permanent!

I will definitely try that next time! I know I was giddy when I first sat in one!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is a hard color to keep clean. My main problem is that we have some of the hardest water in southern cal, and even a simple wash or a spray off can turn deadly. I am having a tough time dealing with hard water spotting. I do my best to wipe off everything, but you cant help but miss a spot or two after a wash. A car that gets this much attention cannot look dirty or have defects! unacceptable!! Is there such a thing as too much Zaino?

I had a black 2000, I had it Zainoed every week. It was part of my employee's job description, there is no build up.

Smooth tubes/filters, MGW short shifter and Balenger headers and 3" catback with Randomtech cats are a good start, great sound and 25 rwhp & 40 rwtq more.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill defn keep that in mind when I do the seat lowering, was on the shortlist of things I need to do asap. So far I havent dislocated my left knee yet.

Ive run into two black C6, and a red convertible C6, a black 911 C4S and a few modified G35's on the 101 here. I think your right about some Vette owners tho, they sorta dont acknowledge you. Maybe they think im some young punk trying to pick a race :drive:

:lmao: I think the vette owners are terrified we'll want to race them.:rolaugh: :headbang:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the Mr. Clean Auto Dry Car Wash system . I still dry it myself, but at least with this, it doesn't spot by the time I finish drying it off. It's available at Wally world.

For your height, I'd suggest considering a 2" seat lowering kit if you ever plan on a track day. I'm 6'0" and using a 1" lowering kit and I still only have "just" enough room with a helmet on.

You MUST go to ViperDays when they come to Willow Springs and/or Buttonwillow. You will NOT be able to wipe the goofy grin off your face for days !

Last edited:

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mr. Clean Auto Dry Car Wash system

working link?

Thanks!

OP
OP
V

VipaLovah

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, Sorry for the slow reply, I actually had to go to work on a Sunday. Thanks all for the warm welcome... the ownership experience of a Viper just keeps getting better.

I was about to go buy a few jugs of distilled water, ill have to give these water softeners ideas a try. A glass of tap water looks like skim milk... this is ridiculous.

My order of Zaino has been delayed till monday, I was hoping it would be here friday so I can take her out to the canyons for some pics. Till I can take some of my own, here's the pics the seller took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13671003@N04/

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VipaLovah

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a black 2000, I had it Zainoed every week. It was part of my employee's job description, there is no build up.

Smooth tubes/filters, MGW short shifter and Balenger headers and 3" catback with Randomtech cats are a good start, great sound and 25 rwhp & 40 rwtq more.

The shifters the only thing thats been modified, I have the MGW. OE was way too long. I was waiting to check out some other vipers before I decided which I liked, the corsa, belanger or the borla. Was told the corsa cuts out a lot of the highway drone inside the cabin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VipaLovah

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You MUST go to ViperDays when they come to Willow Springs and/or Buttonwillow. You will NOT be able to wipe the goofy grin off your face for days !

I am definitely not going to miss ViperDays, Ive been looking forward to that before I got the Viper. Ive been told the Willowsprings track is great for newbs like me to get started... no walls. :)

Yes, I know I should have just posted one message instead of 3, I forgot to take my ritalin today.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine