New Viper Owner!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Dude!! Great choice in a car AND you can't beat dealing with Mr. Bill. As warm as it has been, you probably will have a few good days of driving left this season. Have FUN and Happy Thanksgiving.

GaryC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine a week ago from Bill, very nice people, on the break in I was surprised for the difference each 200 miles makes in performance, the first mile it was a dog, now after 1500 miles, it has woken up, but being still being careful, only one time have I taken it up to 5 grand, still seems a little tight.

Enjoy.

What colour?

BTW, do a 'search' for the info you need, easy to use.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SPEND THE TIME AND READ AS MANY OF THE POSTS ON THIS SITE AS YOU CAN - THERE IS A WEALTH ON INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CAR, HERE.
SORT THROUGH THEM AND YOU WILL DISCOVER OF WHAT I SPEAK.
CONGRATS

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome!
As far as waiting till spring to drive the car...I'm guessing that come the first 50 degree day in December and you'll be starting the "break in".

GTSFE304

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations- 2001's make a fair amount of valvetrain noise which seems to be normal. Some have had cam problems during break in I have learned. That does not change the fact that it is a great car. The car will progress thru various stages of break-in. My 2001 is still changing, getting stronger- Have fun!!!

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned a 69 Hemi Charger prior to the 2001 Viper that I purchased from Bill at Woodhouse.I have 150 miles on the car so can't mike any power comparisons but fit and finish of the Viper is superior...it's hard to believe that it's a Dodge.The exhaust tone will never sound like a Hemi but with the Corsa system,that Woodhouse installed,it's much improved over a stock system.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation!

Not to sound a negative note, but please get acquainted with your new snake carefully. The snake can bite you when you least expect it, especially when you do something stupid. Cold weather means cold tires and cold pavement -- not a good combination. If you're going to jump on that "go" pedal, be sure the front wheels are pointed straight ahead. And be careful with the throttle on turns until you get real comfortable with your car. In the past 7-10 days, there have been posts on this board about 3 Viper wrecks. Cold weather was a factor in two of them. We don't need to see any more wrecked Viper posts.

There is a wealth of information here on this board and the archives. As a new Viper purchaser, you get a one-year VCA membership free. Just call Viper HQ and sign up. And give your Ohio VCA region president a call; I'm sure he can put you in touch with someone in your area.

Once you get your car, be sure and post here and give us your first impressions.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congradulations!!!!
cool.gif

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRAT'S YOU JUST PURCHASED THE BEST SPORTS CAR ON THE ROAD!

-------------
2001 YELLOW GTS
11.9 ET 120 MPH

2001 M3
2001 740 I SPORT
360 MODENA DUE 1/1/02
-------------

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congraaaaats .. you wont like any other cars afteeeeeer the SNAKE !!! ENJOY IT
smile.gif

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!! I agee with all the others that said
"Once you have VENOM in your Blood, you are infected FOREVER!!" You now own the meanest car on the planet!!
And read this board as much as possible!!

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Congratulations. From one Carroll to another, its good to have more "Carroll" owned Vipers in our little world. Welcome to a great club and a really great group of car enthusiasts who are passionate and sharing in almost every aspect. Keep us posted on your early experiences, its a great experience!!
Bob Carroll
N.J. Viper Club Treasurer.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red with Silver, my personal favorite. I'm hardly unbiased though.

To specifically answer your question this site is the best Viper discussion forum ( my opinion ). The Club that runs this site is the VCA (Viper Club of America) which you will have a free one year membership in since you were brilliant in purchasing from Woodhouse. They will send you a wonderful quarterly magazine and I have found the members ( no matter where they hail from) to be great people who have a real interest in the mechanical AND social aspects of the cars.

I would also HIGHLY recommend Viper Days (visit them at Viperdays.com) for driving events and instruction. Viper Days is at least 50% of the enjoyment I have received from ownership.

Other than than enjoy, be safe, and may the Red with Silver Striped Vipers out run all the rest.

Jeff

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smile.gif
Congrats!!!
smile.gif
We all know your feelings.
Have my VIPER for 5 month now ... since the beginning of November in the garage stored for winter ... is a looooooooooooooooooooong time til spring..
frown.gif

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a new viper owner too. Picked up a lightly used (3500 mile no rain) acr about a month ago. I agree with you completely i want get out and drive that bad boy. I too am a mopar enthusiast though enjoy all cars. I sold my 4 speed superbird to justify to the wife a viper purchase. i have driven it about 500 miles, it is absolutely awesome. It's raining here too in Northern California, though looking forward to a couple dry days in a row and i'll be sure to pull it out. I've been having fun researching the differences in the cars over the years and trying to figure out how to keep the paint pristine. Anyway the forum is a great place for just about everything viper related. Enjoy your new ride.

Jason

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VIPER FAMILY!! Red with silver, very nice selection, definitely a beautiful combination. There's nothing quite like that, "Look at me, I have arrived" <FONT COLOR="RED">RED</FONT c>
laugh.gif
Best of luck, Congratulations, and ENJOY, drive, drive, drive!!!
Don't worry, the spring will be here before you know it!! The best things in life, are always worth the wait
smile.gif

Once again, WELCOME!!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96