new viper this morning -silver to be exact

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well I received my silver viper this morning from buhler dodge(thanks paul).
this car is unbelievable. delivery went absolutely perfect. the car looked in good shape when i first saw it except for some dirt and dust spots. i just didn't have the patience to wait any longer by viewing ever inch of the car while others were there waiting to see and hear this car go. My first impressions were that this car is a whole lot better than i had every imagined. Then by the end of the day and 200 miles later my assessement is that this car is better than i just said it was. really this is a great piece of machinery. i found that the car drives just fine over the little bumps and pots through out some roads and then that it drives like a dream on the smoother ones. to me there is no question that this car can easily be used as a daily vehicle. I was expecting a nuch harsher ride and so maybe therefore was surprised by how smooth it really felt. found it extremely hard to keep it under the 4000 rpm break in mode. that is one of the reasons i was able to put on 200 miles because i can barely wait till the 500 mark. also i have 5 kids of my own who each wanted a ride and then their was my brother's 7 kids so anyway now you know how we were easily able to put on those 200 miles. first 100 miles with the stock stick shift 2cnd hundred with the MGW. give me the MGW anyday. it was a little harder to put into gear but once you got use to it, thats the way to go. another easy reason for driving so much was the weather was about 70% all day. with that in mind i drove most of the day with the top down. some points of view - the visors were in there full upright position as i was motoring down the road when at about 90 mph or slightly above ( by the way this was in the higher gears so i did not pass the 4000 rpm mark) the driver side visor decided to flick down. talk about getting the daylights scared out of you! especially when your not expecting it. well there is two conclusions with this problem put the visor back about halfway so that it goes with the air flow or just remove the visor completely and just replace the screws. i went with the second choice and i think the car looks quite good without them.closing the top is also easier without them. also a point to make for me being 6'1" those visors give me very little aid anyway. my eyes are just peering underneath the top of the windshield bar anyway which already helps with sun shielding and then if you wear sunglasses the problem is solved. also had to remove and readjust the center console box. it wasn't closing and opening properly but all is well now. But the final conclusion for me today is that this is one awsome car and i don't regret the wait at all. for those that are still waitng i knew what it felt like till this morning and i still remember the joy i got by reading all those reports from earlier srt/10 owners. this is mostly for you and i can tell you will be pleasantly suprised when you get your car. well i got to go but with that in mind i would like some one to give me there formula to cleaning their car. what do you use to wash the car with? then what kind of wax? and what for the interior?
ken

OP
OP
K

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW - The visors in the up position did help for a little wind deflection off the top of the head which was nice but in that position they became a serious bug collector.

Ken

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post Ken! Congrats and good luck. :laugh:

PS If you got pics..post em.