News: Tator's Dodge BBQ

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: News: Tator\'s Dodge BBQ

Great idea, there has to be a BBQ, but can't do it at Chuck's; will only cause him aggravation. Who has lots of level property? We figure out the cost and split it up per head. Somewhere upstate I guess ?

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perhaps we could find a new (temporary) location for this so that we don't impose upon Chuck in any way. All he has do to is show up. Perhaps in Western MA somewhere.

There must be someone that could suggest a location..

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

maybe a beach or park permit somewhere?
Don't laugh, but we could do it at Captree. There's a BBQ area to the right as you pass the gate keeper. I've had BBQ's there for 25 people. The parking lot on that side would easily handle 100 - 150 Vipers.

Food for thought, gents!

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a guy here in upstate N.Y. (Albany area) who has two or three car shows a year. He has a large lot with an Ice cream store on it. I could ask him if he would like a Vipers only car show if anyones interested.

Bo

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Albany area would be a great central location. Nice scenic drive for everyone.

Now we need someone to coordinate this.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Insured by the MAFIA... You hit me, WE hit you.

Don't advertise and create extra work for me!

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The day would be May 6 06 what if we rent a BBQ
pit have it delivered to "TATOR'S" bring our own
picnic fixins and throw Chuck a Snake party in his own
parking lot???? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Skeeter :2tu:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The day would be May 6 06 what if we rent a BBQ
pit have it delivered to "TATOR'S" bring our own
picnic fixins and throw Chuck a Snake party in his own
parking lot???? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Skeeter :2tu:

Thats what I'm talking about. I'm glad you guys are comming around. Now check to see if its okay with Chuck.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

maybe a beach or park permit somewhere?
Don't laugh, but we could do it at Captree. There's a BBQ area to the right as you pass the gate keeper. I've had BBQ's there for 25 people. The parking lot on that side would easily handle 100 - 150 Vipers.

Food for thought, gents!

This idea is best so that Chuck with have to do nothing but show up and enjoy..no prep work, no responsibilities, just fun..GOOD IDEA EL PRESIDENTE!

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well Chuck, any thoughts?

I was for having it somewhere else so that Chuck doesn't have to clean the shop out, deal with the neighbors, or move cars around. BUT if he's open, I am sure everyone would be too.

We should confirm the date with all club presidents. Early May might be a bit difficult for us Northern members of the NEVCA.

If you make it happen...
They will come...

By the 100's

06 VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll have my food delivered there. Would have a hard time putting food in my viper.. Remember it's still new. So I'm a little "Over the top."

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bad part of that is Chuck has to go on that Godforsaken
sand bar you call long island as well as the rest of us
Americans.

Skeeter

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bad part of that is Chuck has to go on that Godforsaken
sand bar you call long island as well as the rest of us
Americans.

Skeeter

Thats fair Skeeter..We can do whatever is more to Chucks prefernces and of course everyones too..How about Pocono Raceway! LOL

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

how about bare mountain? mid May? if they give us permits? thats not too far from chucks place. we'll get YoTony you make us souvlakis on a stick and gyro sandwiches.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck can you give us a idea of where you would like to do something at. You give us the place and the viper nation from all over will be there. Adrian

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

how about bare mountain? mid May? if they give us permits? thats not too far from chucks place. we'll get YoTony you make us souvlakis on a stick and gyro sandwiches.

Bear Mt Inn in mid May would be great. plenty of parking there on the grass & we'd have access to the facility there for food. it's also more of a central spot for everyone. just an idea.

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I talked to the owner of the ice cream parlor / roller rink and he was very receptive to the idea of an all Viper car show. He has paved parking for over 150 cars and a large level grass area for hundreds more. The area is loaded with hotels, car washes, restaurants etc. He said he would meet with me next week if this is something we would be interested in. He has hosted car shows in the past with over 600 cars attending. I can check & see what dates he has available. He did mention late May or June. Let me know if you guys are interested. I can make this happen.

Bo knows

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I talked to the owner of the ice cream parlor / roller rink and he was very receptive to the idea of an all Viper car show. He has paved parking for over 150 cars and a large level grass area for hundreds more. The area is loaded with hotels, car washes, restaurants etc. He said he would meet with me next week if this is something we would be interested in. He has hosted car shows in the past with over 600 cars attending. I can check & see what dates he has available. He did mention late May or June. Let me know if you guys are interested. I can make this happen.

Bo knows
Thanks Bo! Please keep me informed of the availability. We're looking for the first Saturday in May (I guess with a Sunday rain date).

We're collecting all the possibilities and will discuss them at our Feb. board meeting. I think, in honor of Chuck, that we ought to locate this "replacement" event somewhere in the general vicinity of Tator's Dodge. Just seems appropriate. This might also be an opportunity to run an "overnight" event since I've been hearing that some members would like same.

Great to see such interest and energy so early in the season! :2tu:

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott,

I will meet with the owner of the roller rink / ice ceam palor / burger joint this week and get all the details. I will call or email you after I see him. I mentioned this possible event to some local car enthusiasts and have volunteers lined up to help if this is a go. Also music ( a DJ) could be provided at no charge. Talk to you soon.

Bo

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave