Next VCA drag race, 1/4 mile

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has any one heard about the next race, where and when? Is the VCA still committed to putting together 6 or 7 a year? What about this Ohio race, is it a VCA race?
We need a race, we need a race and soon. :(

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohio region VCA's Viper Nationals is in mid September. I'm not sure if it is limited to just VCA or what. It's about 30 mins to 45 mins outside Columbus, OH. If you need any more info, just ask here, I'm on the board and check most new replies. I'll be sure to check this one.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't go to the Milan race Friday as a spectator..I called the VCA this morning and they said that VCA members who have not paid to be part of the Regional Rendevous in the MI area are NOT ALLOWED in as spectators. I can think of a hundred reasons why VCA members should be allowed in, but not one reason why we shouldn't. Nuts to that. What do we pay $100yr for..Viper Magazine????

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Ohio race being sponsored by the VCA? I thought it was independent from the VCA.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've talked about a Vegas race for months now,nada response.If you can't get guys to race in a no rain out guaranteed place like that with guaranteed nightlife action,its sad.Maybe the VCA can post:Search for drag race Commissioner!I'll nominate DR.ROOF!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn, what about getting something together in Texas? Rent a track and run it based on times and not necessarily mods.

OP
OP
J

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am open to any ideas, Vegas, Florida or Ohio. At the V-10 Nationals I was told that the VCA was going to get behind a series of races and now nothing. I would think that the 5 or 6 tuners would get together and get a friendly track.
We can go to SanAntonio just about anytime w/ a notice.

VCA, put it together and they will come.

I know Prashant (our VCA President) was talking about the VCA and then he sold his Viper and got a job. The local Texas VCA president drives a es-cool-ade, Viperless
whats up with that?
Lots of talk but no race

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had talked to David Boggs ....we were trying to set up one in Bradenton for mid to late Jan. I have already talked to owners of Bradenton..... now I have been trying to coordinate a call between David , myself and track owners. David and myself are leaving messages for each ..... hopeful soon we will connect.

David had mentioned on a phone message he was working on getting a Texas drag race setup in Oct.

Cudaman :usa:

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn

I have been away and extremely busy the past couple of weeks actually month but I am working hard behind the scenes to put together a 3-4 race series one being in Texas at the San Antonio and one in Florida. Not sure where the VCA stands but you will here more after this week is over I will start working ******* it again.

Thanks
David

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David, glad to see you will have a hand in this. The BG event was phenominal.

John

OP
OP
J

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks David

It seems that Preshant(our Local President) got the night auditors job that he applied for and is not so active anymore. At the V-10 he was talking like he was putting it together but now that he sold his Viper and bought the
S-cool-ade I guess he is working on a s-cool-ade nationals with GMC. :D

David
If you need some help drop me a line

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The track outside of Columbus is also good enough to have NHRA come and do their tour on it (top fuel, funny cars, bikes, etc.).

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THere are alot of Great tracks but the issue is will they allow our fast Vipers to run low 10's 9's and 8's in street trim. so tracks are sometimes difficult to overlook this fact.

However we will put together at least a 3-4 race series with the classes being broke down more effeciently than prior events.

OP
OP
J

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David
Texas
Beech Bend
Vegas
Florida
are 4 that come to mind and I am sure that 1 or 2 more can be found by VCA members.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THere are alot of Great tracks but the issue is will they allow our fast Vipers to run low 10's 9's and 8's in street trim. so tracks are sometimes difficult to overlook this fact.

However we will put together at least a 3-4 race series with the classes being broke down more effeciently than prior events.

Very true! I don't think Ennis would allow it since they are NHRA. Isn't River City/San Antonio in Seguin IHRA? They may be willing to overlook some of the safety requirements.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am flying out to vegas in the morning and will try and get some track info. We was hoping that maybe the st. Louis area or CHicago as well.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the mid-atlantic--MIR (Maryland International Raceway) is about an hour south of DC and is a premier track (IHRA rules). We rent the track out every once in awhile and have never had problems with "Vipers in street trim".

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
St. Louis is a great place but again, Gateway It'l raceway is and NHRA track. Probably not gonna get a street trim setup to run 8-10's more than once.
G- the track the event was at in WI is very leanient. That may just be a great place for that reason alone. With a little more track prep it can be very fast.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to Gateway with 19 others (mostly Vipers) on August 15th. We have the 1/4 mi track for 5 hours. I'll let you know how it is. Dr. Roof if your still in town call me.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RX VIper

Im not there much anymore, However check out to see if they will be strict on rules if we bring a event there.

I would ride up but planning to be in columbus that weekend.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I set up the track rental that the Gateway VCA members along with a few other people (non Vipers) are doing on August 15th at Gateway International Raceway.

I'll check with the track and see what they say about having to meet NHRA tech if the track is rented for a competition.

What we're doing on the 15th are considered by-runs, only one car at a time going down the track.
We'll be the only one on the track, and it's my understanding that no tech inspection will be done.

Friends of mine have rented the track this way and said there was no tech. There were cars running low 11's without a rollbar.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The next major event is the Viper Nationals in Norwalk Oh Sept 12-13. Feature class is the Mod 2 Shootout. Rules are on the VCA calendar page under the event date. Norwalk is very liberal with Vipers. No rollbars until 11.00 officially, don't ask, don't tell for anything else.
We will also have a dial in event for everyone to run. We have Mod 2 cars from KY, MD, FL, Il ready to rumble. Great hospitality, Dream car garage cookout. PartsRack will give two 18" rears for best et on street tires. Car show, 600 vintage Mopars. Be there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave