Nice wheels but it appears to be a scam!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
These are the wheels I want someday. But I saw this on ebay and asked the guy who he was and he wouldn't respond.

This is what he wrote.

Sounds like a foriegn guy trying to make some money.

Hello,
Buy-now price is 3300 usd, including shipping and inssurance taxes.
I am an ebay square trade member and they will guarantee for me in this transaction.
I will deal only through ebay.
Where are you located?
Please reply asap.
Thank you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7938691092&rd=1

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the second time these wheels are being listed. Somone posted about them being his wheels and the ebay add being a scam.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw these wheels too definately another scam, its about time ebay claimed down on all this nonsense

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone needs to report this to ebay! This is a scam! I hate Arsholes like that!

Unfortunately, there's not much E-Bay can do (in this situation) until the fraud is committed. If some poor sucker falls for it, the scammer will be long gone with their funds before anything can be done. We can help by sending e-mails to the bidders warning them.

BTW - The seller is not a member of Square Trade or "verified" in any way.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
scam! the guy said he was in PA and i offered to pick em up and pay cash for em and he refused and said only mail em.

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are definitley a scam considering I am the one that bought those wheels about 2 months ago......Here they are on my car....

You must be registered for see images

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
those wheels are awesome but Adam these guys are all correct, i too wrote this guy a nasty email regarding a fellow member on the board had bought these wheels a couple months ago and i intended on reporting him to several high up friends in the ebay organization, total BS but wanted to have some fun at his expense. his reply was a very appologetic one stating that he did indeed copy the entire ad from a previous ebay listing because he doesnt own a digital camera and in fact says he does have the same wheels to sell! can you believe the balls of this guy to still try to salvage his scam after he's caught red-handed. BOYS, general rule of thumb is if it sounds too good to be true, IT IS!

BluBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are the same wheels I posted about in my thread titled "SHOULD I LEAD HIM ON". Check it out.

Second, those are the same pictures he used on me. I lead this guy on for a while. Had a lot of fun with him. It's all in my thread.

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone get bid up. i bid max 24k

Problem is, he'll just go down the list of "losing" bidders and offer them the wheels because the high bidder backed out. He can potentially make six "sales" from the bidder's downstream.

Gotta notify all the bidder's.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only good thing is he made it a public auction and you can e mail the people...A few of them have been private auctions....By the way thanks for all the great comments on my wheels....

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good initial catch on this being a scam. This also illustrates another important online auction tip: carefully look at the feedback scores. You can see that this joker hasn't ever used ebay before and now all of a sudden he's listing $2400 items? I don't think so.

Pretty humorous to see those wheels going for $20K now--boy, someone is going to be disappointed! :headbang:

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I gotta ask. What happens when you win the auction and he leaves you negative feedback? (Doubtful he'd take the time, but he may get the last laugh)

Ebay won't remove it.

What does he care, he'll never use that account again.

However hhumme & da_golfer5 both have very high feedback ratings so doubtful they are using a bogus account just to run the bid up on this scammer.

I don't know about you, but I have worked had for my postive feedback and don't want any negatives regardless if the accussation is meritless.....

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what's funny now is that he won't return my emails for offers of $4000.00 and I guess greed got to him when he saw the $20 k mark!!

Soooo frigging hilarious!!

vipergts2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just retract your bid before it ends and list the reason why is because it is a scam. Having a bid retraction is better than negative feedback....

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Real Hummer...you're frigging hilarious!! ha! I'm the one who sent you a warning about the item.

It's going to be a "Real Bummer" for him!