Nitrous button.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does someone make a nice push button to activate nitrous. Instead of just using the toggle and window switch, I wanted to have a button I could place on the steering wheel for when I used the nos, but then store it away when nos not in use.

I looked at the ones at the local auto parts, but wasn't to impressed. Didn't know if there was an online source or if someone knew of one specifically to check out.

John

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JDawg:

BTR offers a shift knob that has a built-in switch. It feels natural and easier to operate than a switch on the wheel. What is also nice is the fact that it is asymetrical and can be pointed to the 2-3 gate for a directional aid.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
radio shack has some lighted switches. they're not the best but you can see them well.
Max

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx guys.

Isaac, I am planing on keeping the WOT in place, but using the button to ground it and thus giving me control as to when I want it to kick in or out instead of my foot.

I want to be able to stay at full throttle, but be able to turn the nos off if I need to(with a button and not peddle the car with my foot to shut it off).

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like having it on the WOT switch. It's safer, and it's one less thing to think about when you're trying to concentrate on burning out, staging, purging, releasing the clutch just right, modulating the throttle, watching the tach, shifting as fast as you can, trying not to break out.....

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to activate the system with a toggle switch first, then every time my TPS sensor hits 95%, the nitrous comes on.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it's awesome! I wouldn't want to go back to a button. I tried that on one of my cars, but it was more of a pain in the ass than anything!

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping to utilize both WOT and the button if I could. Maybe I am making it a little to complicated.

I like having the window switch as my safeguard to turn the nos on and off, but I wanted to be able to stay at full throttle and modulate the nos with a button if I started to spin instead of peddling the throttle.

I guess with the window switch in place the WOT or TPS switch wouldn't be necessary.

BC - when you where using the "button" did you not have a WOT switch or window switch in place?

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey J Dawg just stick with the wot as the push button is a pain.The less I have to think about the more consistent I am.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang