Nitrous on gen 4 (Yes I searched)

khomes7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked up and down on google, here, and other viper forums. I have yet to find a clear case where nitrous was successfully installed and used on a gen 4. There was one thread about RSI doing it but no response from them. Does anyone know a trick to prevent the PCM from closing the throttle blades between shifts? Anyone used a progressive controller to try and trick the PCM and allow the kit? Any information would be outstanding.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give them a call! Only way to find out... Good luck..

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've installed a nitrous kit on my GEN IV and have used it a couple of times.

PM for more info

OP
OP
K

khomes7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pm sent and i havent gotten an answer yet from my emails. I will call tomorrow and see what they say.

OP
OP
K

khomes7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btr claims ( via email)their kits work with all gen vipers. Anyone know if this is correct?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this PM secrecy, hehe. Would someone be willing to discuss the technical details / requirements for us to read? This could be helpful for future Gen 4 owners looking to do the same modification.

Thanks!

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this PM secrecy, hehe. Would someone be willing to discuss the technical details / requirements for us to read? This could be helpful for future Gen 4 owners looking to do the same modification.

Thanks!

+1 well said.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Guys old habit

safe-before-and-after-1024x561.jpg

CSC_22651.JPG

White_Nitrous1.jpg

Systems work well, need a mopar PCM and take a few weeks to build from order

Wet system, uses Nitrous and extra fuel

Cost is $2795

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vendors are not allowed to advertise in these threads. They can PM people but not post publicly. Silly rule maybe but.....Dems Da' rulz!

But can he post what the product is, dyno sheets just not price correct?

OP
OP
K

khomes7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size shot are we talking? Any code issues after use or is it able to be used consistently without throwing them? That system looks very nice!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size shot are we talking? Any code issues after use or is it able to be used consistently without throwing them? That system looks very nice!

With the Mopar PCM it isn't throwing codes on the installs so far, The nozzles installed are what is reflected in the graph and is what is considered to be safe for the car with all the extra fuel being added to ensure that there is no detonation issues, The car had a Belanger exhaust and Mopar PCM

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That system does look very clean Steve.

Two quick questions/comments that perhaps you can address. Doesn't the MOPAR PCM have more aggressive timing? I would think that the MOPAR PCM and nitrous don't play well. Also, I see that you are pushing almost 700whp on the stock fuel system. Is the fuel pressure fluctuating at all?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That system does look very clean Steve.

Two quick questions/comments that perhaps you can address. Doesn't the MOPAR PCM have more aggressive timing? I would think that the MOPAR PCM and nitrous don't play well. Also, I see that you are pushing almost 700whp on the stock fuel system. Is the fuel pressure fluctuating at all?

Stock GEn 3/4 fuel systems are generally good for enough fuel to feed 775 RWHP with no issue.
with the additional fuel added to keep things same no larger per cylinder injectors are required so driving off "the juice" is just like normal
Yes the Mopar PCM is made to run 93 octane and that is what should be used, it will still cut advance if detonation is present, but the extra "don't over react" qualities of the Mopar PCM make it a necessary evil for this upgrade.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking kit, Steve.

Vendors are not allowed to advertise in these threads. They can PM people but not post publicly. Silly rule maybe but.....Dems Da' rulz!

They changed the vendor rules here now, we are free to discuss products. Yes, after a couple years of lockdown, we can help Viper owners get parts now :)

Tony

OP
OP
K

khomes7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank God there is nitrous available. Ok, so what size bottle is included? What is the arming switch and do you have pics of it? Does this include warmer or any accessories like that? what safety mechanisms come with this? Low fuel pressure cut off switch, etc? Details please I am very interested. The graph is a little hard to see for me is that 682hp and 792tq? Mustang dyno or dynojet? I do like those numbers and believe that will be enough power to keep me happy for a while.

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank God there is nitrous available. Ok, so what size bottle is included? What is the arming switch and do you have pics of it? Does this include warmer or any accessories like that? what safety mechanisms come with this? Low fuel pressure cut off switch, etc? Details please I am very interested. The graph is a little hard to see for me is that 682hp and 792tq? Mustang dyno or dynojet? I do like those numbers and believe that will be enough power to keep me happy for a while.

The nitrous kit Is a PSI Kit from portland speed industries. They are located in Oregon.
I am luckly having my kit shipped this week as they had small issue with the address before. Will be spraying from 50-100 shot on my viper. Change your pushrods to play safer, use good gas and 1 step colder plugs and it should be ok up to 100shot if you dont spray all the time or is not too agressive all the time with the car as well.

Tune the engine thru the jets to achieve a 11:1 air fuel and should be ok.

I bought forged everything and plan on spraying a 250-500hp on mine after the engine is rebuild, this coming winter-spring.
Nitrous is the best way to make big, instant power when it comes for bang for your buck. In this economy the way it is, Nitrous is my best friend atm..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog