NJ-PA Vipers meeting up for Tator's

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NJ-PA Vipers meeting up for Tator\'s

I like John's Idea about the last service area in NJ on the GSP. I was going to go 80-287 but it is not much farther to go 80-GSP. How many people plan on taking the parkway?

Of course we also have to pick a time. With 200 people going I do not want to be late, especially since we live relatively close.

Hey guys how does this sound.. I can meet Joel and Nick at the Freehold Mall at 7:15. Then we can start going Route 9 North. Keith can take Route 18 to 9 and meet us at the IHOP or TGIF in Marlboro(just past Union Hill RD). From there we continue to Route 9 North to the Parkway.
We take the GS Parkway to the last reststop before NY and meet up with John and Aaron around 9:00. We should all make it to Tators before 10:00.

Good or Bad?

Malboro is south for me so that does not work. Am I still meeting people at Ruby Tuesdays?

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keith

ihop is a 5 minute ride down 18 - especially at that time in the morning. Why not meet us at ihop on rt9 north and then we'll have a straight shot up to the GSP?

I'm not opposed to still meeting on 18 and running the tpke to the GSP, but it looks like "SRT10" would rather not. So watcha say? ihop?

-nick

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keith:
I'm not opposed to still meeting on 18 and running the tpke to the GSP, but it looks like "SRT10" would rather not. So watcha say? ihop?
-nick

I think I know where the Ihop is. Isn't it near the movie theatre and some arcade where they sell Dippin Dots? If so I guess I can meet there. Time?

By the way, I really want to meet up with the other guys on the way also. Here is the info:

3- Third and last meeting area will be the Mobil Station on the left on the Hutch (GW Bridge to Hutch Parkway). Great meeting area for guys that live in the Westchester, Yonkers and southern CT areas. Please try to be there for 10am.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keith and others...
If I am not at the GSP rest stop don't wait for me.
I will be getting the Wizard's webcam up and running.
See you at Tator's for certain :2tu:

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tim see above it says ~ 9 am at the gsp service area

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay so whats going on. Where are we meeting and are we meeting up with the other guys? Confused.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are meeting at the Food Emporium parking lot in the north-east corner of the George Washington Bridge Plaza at 8:30am. We depart at 8:45am sharp for the 60 mile ride. Directions:-

1. Take the "Last exit before toll" on the way to the GWB.
2. Left at Lemoine Ave.
3. Food Emporium is on your right.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I do not hear from the local guys, I guess I will just meet the other guys at the Mobil Station on the Hutch.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are meeting at the Food Emporium parking lot in the north-east corner of the George Washington Bridge Plaza at 8:30am. We depart at 8:45am sharp for the 60 mile ride. Directions:-

2. Left at Lemoine Ave.
Damn, no one's buying. Looks like I'm soloing it. :(

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2. Left at Lemoine Ave.

Same here.

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keith - you meeting us at IHOP around 7:30?

Joel needs to pick his bro up at on the GSP same as where some others appear to be meeting.

-nick

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

2. Left at Lemoine Ave.

I have run solo for the past 2 years and it is not all that cool! "Last exit before toll" off of what road? Turnpike, 80? How do you plan on going after that stop? I am looking to go across the Tappan Zee myself. If John is pulling out of the Parkway stop there is no reason for me to even go out of my way to stop there.

It shouldn't be this hard to get a couple of Viper's together in NJ...

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Joel needs to pick his bro up at on the GSP same as where some others appear to be meeting.

-nick

Nick so what time will you be getting to the rest area on the GSP? How many Viper's will be with you? And lastly, about what exit is that rest stop?

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The GSP service area/rest stop is after the Bergen Toll and on the left

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

we dont you guys hook up with us as you cross over the TZ bridge by the Hutch

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2. Left at Lemoine Ave.

I have run solo for the past 2 years and it is not all that cool! "Last exit before toll" off of what road? Turnpike, 80? How do you plan on going after that stop? I am looking to go across the Tappan Zee myself. If John is pulling out of the Parkway stop there is no reason for me to even go out of my way to stop there.

It shouldn't be this hard to get a couple of Viper's together in NJ...

Hi Aaron,
I will be heading via the Palisades Pkwy to the Tappan Zee myself. It's 60 miles straight to Tator's. I also drive like a ***** since my 3-year old so if you are coming, expect to stay at the speed limit + 8mph. The proposed meeting stop is off I-80 (exit 73) heading towards the GWB. Then follow the directions quoted above. Let me know if there is any interest.

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Avi,
I just checked a map and going to the end of 80 is sort of a big overshoot for me. I live ~45 miles west on 80 so I would either take 287 up or the GSP. If you want to caravan you should head up the GSP and meet at the last rest stop in NJ.

So, does everyone think we can leave the last rest stop in NJ right at 9:00? I think that would be best or we will be parking in the middle of no where. I just checked and it looks like the Bergen toll is at mile marker 160 so it should be just past that on the left. See everyone there.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BlueGTS,

Nick and I are planning to meet you at the last restop on the GSP as well at 9AM.

See you and the other folks then.

Joel

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-nick

If we are meeting the guys over on the hutch then I will there. If not I will just meet the guys over on the hutch.

CT GTS SCUBAPRO

Viper Owner
Reaction score

John,
I'll call you later. It looks like Sunday may be the better day, in which case, I will be coming from my house in NE Pa. I guess that we all will have to wait until noon today for the official word from The Wizard. :cool: :usa: :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

According to Weather.com South Salem, NY is going to get rain so Sunday is not going to make a difference for Chuck.

Due to the weather I am out. If we are able to take another car then I will attend.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm going on Saturday unless the event is officially cancelled.

I will have the viper fitted with after maket oars if necessary.

Joel

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

um tiger. bring your car out. your car was in the rain several times. remember NH run? come on, cant be worse than that down poor we had on the way up.

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Although the forecast keeps changing, looks like maybe little to no rain most of the way up. However, rain all day in South Salem...

South Salem Hourly Rain Forecast

They update weather on that site hourly and it's usually pretty reliable (if thats even possible). I'm still game as long as there's a fair chance for it to clear up. The car has only seen rain once, so I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but I'll live. Suppose I should switch out to the hard-top so I don't get as much water coming in...

Joel - if I chicken out due to rain when I wake up in the morning, I'll call you around 7. Otherwise, see you at 7:15 as planned.

-nick

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have Rain-X will travel...
I am off to see the Wizard :2tu:

OP
OP
B

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This gives everyone a chance to watch their funny windshield wipers work. (Caravan rear wiper motors)

I think the Rain-X might be a good idea. I will add some prior to Saturday.

Tim see you at 9:00.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang