NJ VCA 9-11 Respect Cruise

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa: This year the 9-11 run to ground zero will be held on Sunday 9-10, because the 11th falls on a Monday. :usa:

I wasn't going to hold the cruise this year based on the feedback I was getting because of the date, but I have decided to move forward with the cruise rain or shine.

Please contact me ASAP via e-mail, so I can get an idea as to how many cars will be attending. [email protected] ref 9-11 respect cruise.

We'll meet at the Quizno's in Secaucus NJ on Meadowlands Parkway at7:30 am(same as last year) and depart to NYC at 8am. We will then proceed to West 34th street between 11th ave and the westside highway(Javits Center)to hook up with anyone comming in from the north and New York. Once we are all gathered we will proceed south to ground zero taking a parade lap in honor of all those who gave their lives. We will then park at the Kinney lot just north of ground zero to walk around and pay our respects. At 10:30 to 11am we will meet back at the lot to proceed to Hoboken NJ to have a buffet style lunch at Frankie and Johnnies Restaurant. He will have the side street shut down for us to park or we can use the parking garage across the street.

United we stand brother Viper owners! :usa:

Bobby

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tastefully. lololol. Hey Bobby, remember the first year? Some people cheered, and some people got mad as we drove through the streets and around the site while I was leading, playing America The Beutiful by Ray Charles? I think this will be the third year, right?

Think maybe we should have a new angle this year? Last year we donated money to that family? It would be nice to think of something respectful to do or have, instead of just being seen as a bunch of guys driving around in cars. I think the only thing that really gave us credability the first year was the flag waving. Nobody could say or argue with us then and the Cops loved it.

How about EVERY car has a flag? That's the problem now-a-days, 5 years later, nobody drives around with flags anymore. Remember you couldn't buy one anywhere? All sold out? If we had 20 or so cars, all with american flags, or better yet, I know !!!!!!!!!!! There are flags for everything now. There must be a flag for the P.D., or some sort of banner. Same for the FD. WE mix them all up! Could you imagine all of us driving down there, some with American flags, some with Flags supporting the PDNY, FDNY, Port Authority, EMS ??? Is there anyone in our club who can get these things made up quick, or just go to the local FD, or PD. Tell them what we want to do and see if they have anything the'll let us use for the day.

On our first trip down, 3 years ago, if you ask me it was my last minute rigged up flag that got us noticed and showed that we were respectful of the day. SO why not build on that and we use the flag idea, expand on it and everyone has some sort of flag on their car supporting and respecting the day. Ever go to a NASCAR race? Everyone in the feild of parking has a flag that supports thier team or driver. SO this is the same idea, only we support the various departments who sacrificed themselves that day.

I'm sure we won't ever have any problem with a police ****** police again.

I'd like a flag of a picture of the original WTC; The view from the Satue of Liberty that we are all familiar with.

So here is a potential list:

American Flag
Police Dept.
Fire Dept.
EMS
Pic of WTC
Statue of Liberty
Army
Navy
Marines
West Point might be able to help out with the above three. I could take a run up there and talk to someone.

Talk to me guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add to the list.

Andrew

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Andrew,
Sounds very good, a great way to show our respect. At the very least I can get an American Flag of good size. But will look at other options as well.
Dave

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave:

As far as mounting is concerned, and for those who have RT/10's. Simple. Get some steel pipe, black is okay, and you'll notice that it will slide and wedge itself right between the seat and the console. Then you cut it to a length just below the roofline and slide the wooden flagpole inside and secure with a bolt or pin of some kind. Obviously you are looking at about 1 1/2" pipe. Mine was the first and sort of crude, but Big Bobby went and made up one real fancy. I'm sure he'll post some pics.

AC

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Rt's you might also tuck it into the forward enge of the trunk so that it lays flat on the rear of the car. Just a thought.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,
We grew from 8 cars to 35+ in one year, I hope we get the attendance this year, and that people don't hesitate because it's on the 10th.
You know I am a big Flag waiver, always was and always will be. I am meeting with the Port Authority Police next week, and I will see what types of flags they can hook us up with. The RT/10's and SRT 10 convertibles will have no problem flying flags, but our brothers in coupes may have a hard time. Perhaps we can have decals made up with the date and all the repective branches of service on them. They should be a good size that we could put on each side of every car, and afterwards they are easily removed. I will check with our star of advertising "ROLSTAR" (nice plug,Tom) to see what we can make up.
I will put together more details of the event over the weekend and post them on Monday.

GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:
Bobby

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Giving money to a family is old news. I think the flags are great, maybe a larger decal or sticker that can be put on the car and make it more visible than last years windshield sticker?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I agree 1000% !!!!

We need vinal decals that we can put on the side of the cars. Those small decals for the back windows were great, but small. We want BIG. The towers have to be part of the pic with the various departments recognized, along with the flag being raised by the three guys. Somone needs to put together a custom pic with all the important memories and elements that make that day memorable present in the pic. I wish I had access to the Photoshop programs that some of you do.

Maybe the towers in the center, and around them the logos for the FDNY, PDNY, EMS, Port Auth, Armed forces, and so on.

Dave, I for one elect you ! You did a great job with some of the pics from Pocono !!!

We need this quick.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave:

Thanks for the email of the pic. What a GREAT job !!! Wait till everyone sees this. Bobby & Tom, I think it is perfect! I already want one as a permanent decal for the back of my truck !

I wish I could get it painted on my truck and faded out at the edges to blend into the whole tailgate panel, but that's another job.

Now who can get this made into a decal real quick ?

Andrew

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B the way, I'm going to stop by my local fire dept., tell them what we are doing, show them the pic if it's okay with you, Dave, and then I'm going to call a friend of mine who's a Yonker's P.O., and tell him what we are doing. I want to see if they have flags of some kind we can use or see what else they might suggest.

Andrew

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think of possible having flags made with that image instead of a decal. This way we can re-use them every year. I'll check into both and start working on the design.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, The rainy weekend here in NJ & NY has kept you gentlemen very busy on the computer I see.

I just got off the phone with Tommy, we are going to come up with a door decal for both sides of the car. Remember, this is a rain or shine event, flags will only work for shine. If it's nice we will have both items going.

The concept that Dave made is great, but we all agree won't be visible as we travel. Tom will see if we can have that made as a small rememberance decal for this years event, similar to last years.

Stay tuned guys, I think your going to like this
Bobby

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some info for those of you looking for a place to stay in Secaucus the night before the event. I placed them in closest order to our meeting place. They all have covered parking as well. The Meadowlands Plaza Hotel at 40 Wood Lane is right next door to our meeting location on Meadowlands Parkway. We meet at the Quiznos on the corner of Wood Lane and Meadowlands Parkway.

http://www.meadowlandsplazahotel.com/

http://www.basshotels.com/crowneplaza?_franchisee=NYCMD

http://www.hilton.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MEANJES

The registration form will be posted shortly :2tu:

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Registration forms will be (emailed) out today. If you do not want to wait, here is a copy or you can visit our site at: www.njviperclub.com to download a form. If you are not on our email list please send us a message that you want to be added to our list.

8086NJ-VCA-911-form-med.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi