No DI?

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really expected a Direct Injection version of the V10. Coming down the road? ;) Or too much power for Ferrari to top? :D

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. When I talked to Ralph in December he even commented on how he was excited about a new injection system that added a bunch of power without changing anything else. Something must have happened during testing or cost became an isuse.

I'm also wondering if it was a compromise to get the car in ALMS. You cannot run DI in a GT race car unless the street car has it. This is the reason Corvette isn't running DI, YET. They have already given Viper a displacement exemption and if it had DI as well I'm sure the competetion would cry to no end.

I'm sure it's coming down the road just like flappy padals just not sure when though.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 3.5L V6 Lexus has DI and has 300HP. It seems to work very well. The Viper at 8.4L, if I did my math right, would have 720HP and run as smooth as a Lexus.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't DI allow much higher compression with cheap gas? And high compression is like free HP.

Maybe racing is the reason they couldn't use DI. That's a good reason I suppose.

~Jay

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62