No reverse gear...

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems with the other gears. Is there a lock out solenoid for the reverse and could that be the problem. I don't think I have the pressure plate issues, but I could be wrong...Ideas ?
Thanks

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve, I didn't find any reverse lockout solenoid fuse or relay, but I do hope it's only a solenoid...

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
happened to me once before, i can't remember specifically what the cause was, but it was due to some solenoid or sensor going bad, and the result was no reverse......local viper tech figured it out

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Remember that the reverse lockout operates when engine at operating temp, RPM above 608rpm's, and Vehicle Speed above 5 mph (says 5 mph in 2004 Powertrain Diagnostic ManualProcedures Manual...and 3 mph in 2004 Service Manual)

Solenoid on left side of tranny...check to see connections clean, not damaged.

Fused ignition switch output circuit (F202). I believe that this is listed as "Fuse 60...in PDC"...covers both reverse lockout and skip shift solenoid.

Can be open circuit or short to ground in solenoid.

Can also be PCM.

Unless you get lucky on "connections" of fuse (boubt), you'll need DRB III ...and someone smarter than I am for sure !!

Will be glad to fax you info from manual if you think that it will help.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DS..........have you changed your exhaust recently. The o2 sensor and the lockout solenoid are on the same fuse. The wiring could be melted and shorting the fuse........
Check the 02 sensor fuse.

Patrick

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Can be open circuit or short to ground in solenoid."
Steve-Indy

Thanks guys, it was a bad solenoid...(Open circuit) :laugh: