No vette Can Do This!

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Took 02 Red/Silver GTS to a local BBQ place in Amarillo for some ribs.

There were 3 waitresses and 2 cooks on board at that time. After ordering, my wife and I were waiting for our food when one of the patrons in the next table asked what kind of car I had. Told him and then noticed the help was missing.

Looked out the window and all three waitresses and both cooks were checking out the Viper.

No way any vette can do this.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the mall yesterday and when I came out, i had 5 people standing around my car all with camera phones clicking. When I was walking up, I heard one of the guys say "I cant believe its a Dodge Viper. I bet this is a $100,000 car". When I got up to the car, everyone wanted to talk about it and see the engine, etc. Just another day in a 10 year old car :)

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have noticed the Viper gets tons of attention, which I expected. But I have owned some nicer old Vettes that get more than their fair share as well.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have noticed the Viper gets tons of attention, which I expected. But I have owned some nicer old Vettes that get more than their fair share as well.

That's a given. It's the c4,5,6's that's lacking in the looks dept.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Midwest,
Got a question. I'm going to put my 1970 Vette convert up for sale. Has both the hard and soft top. What is a fair price for these cars on average? It's got a modified body kit, but looks great!

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd have to see it to really give a number. Pics, details, etc. The body kit might hurt it, depends on the buyer of course.

The 70 Vettes aren't doing great right now unless it's a numbers big block droptop, or better yet an original LT1 car. On average, I would guess you are looking at around $18K for yours.

That is subject to change of course once I see pictures and details. You can e-mail it to [email protected] if you like!

Mike M

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Midwest,
Got a question. I'm going to put my 1970 Vette convert up for sale. Has both the hard and soft top. What is a fair price for these cars on average? It's got a modified body kit, but looks great!

I would be happy to give you a second opinion, I've been collecting C2 and C3 for a long time. I have all the judging manuals etc.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lee, I'd be interested in hearing another opinion too. These cars are so subjective. I've seen similar cars sell as much as 40% differently, with no discernable options to distinguish one from another.

Some sell high, and some won't. Vettes are very strange like that ...

Mike M

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, I'd be interested in hearing another opinion too. These cars are so subjective. I've seen similar cars sell as much as 40% differently, with no discernable options to distinguish one from another.

Some sell high, and some won't. Vettes are very strange like that ...

Mike M

PM me the details and any pics you have, happy to help.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took 02 Red/Silver GTS to a local BBQ place in Amarillo for some ribs.

There were 3 waitresses and 2 cooks on board at that time. After ordering, my wife and I were waiting for our food when one of the patrons in the next table asked what kind of car I had. Told him and then noticed the help was missing.

Looked out the window and all three waitresses and both cooks were checking out the Viper.

No way any vette can do this.

you are SO right. I have both, and I always take the vette when I want to go incognito.

The viper just gets too much attention, gotta make sure I have it all together the days I drive it :headbang:

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You want to see a funny look.. try this next time.
When there is a bunch of people standing around your car oowing and awwwing. Walk up and say "what a POS, can you believe anyone would actually buy something like this"?
Then when they start to get in your face, laugh and climb in and drive away. I've done it just for kicks and you'll get some interesting responses LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine