No Vipers at Paris Auto Show

Triple7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to the Paris Auto Show on Wednesday. The Paris show is on about the same level as Chicago or Detroit. There were three new Ferrari Enzos(red, black and yellow) Lamborghini had several new Murcielagos, Aston Martin had the Vantage, and Ford showed their new F-40. When I got to D-C's exhibit anxious to see the new Viper again....no Viper. What's up with that. People in Europe are real race car/performance car fans. I think D-C really missed a chance to show off their halo cars by not having a new Viper and a new competition coupe at the show. I guess I shouldn't be to disappointed though, they did have a PT Cruiser convertible.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All those other manufacturers make money by selling the cars that they had at the show. I don't think DC makes anything on the Vipers. They could certainly sell more of them if they wanted to. I can see why they wouldn't bother showing the car in Paris.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paris is a lower budget show than most, usually the big releases in Europe are held for the Geneva show which is in March, having said that the viper didn't show this year. I've heard they won't be available for sale in Europe until 2004, so I suppose they will be pushing them at next years. Hopefully DC is sorting the euro spec implications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas