Noise Is Driving Me Crazy!

Crazy Eagle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I've been on here before, though I had to re register, because I forgot my name n stuff.. Anyhow My 03 has been running great since I got her in 06, and I have been having lots of fun with it.

Now, I got this crazy knocking noise it seems like it is coming from behind the rear seat, under the convertable top. It sounds like a socket or ball bearing rolling around in there and making knocking noises, when you go over bumps, uneven surfaces, or potholes.. The norm here in San Francisco.

I unbuttoned the rear of the convertable top to see if I could gain access, but there is nothing but a solid plate under that... Ok, before I open an artery, any ideas on this?

Cheers,
Dave

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funny u should be posting this.......I also have a 03 and when going over bumps I hear a noise from passenger seat area......I think it may be the seatbelt slapping against the plastic part behind the seat. I meant to pull the seatbelt clip over the bolster and then take it for a drive. I'll do it tomorrow but might be worth checking.

OP
OP
C

Crazy Eagle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, its making me grind my teeth to nubs! I feel like I dropped something in there by accident, I sure hope not. I am not having any luck with the search.. Yeah, I could see it maybe being part of the seatbelt assy.. it is in that general area it seems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Crazy Eagle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is some thread, I sure appreciate you hunting that down, so im gonna check those things they're talking about.

Cheers,
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala