Nominations are now being taken! All Officers!

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the acting Officers positions are coming to an end this fall.

We are now accepting nominations for all the positions involved in the Washington State Viper Club.

Please follow this link to the local web site @ VCA Home and click on the
"BY-LAWS" to find out what positions are available and what the duties are.

If your interested in a position lets see your Announcement of Candidacy below!:usa:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK- I'll paste it here and hope it helps:
(oh- nominations were supposed to be at the spring business meeting!):lmao:

ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS​
1. The executive officers will be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Web master,
Newsletter editor, and up to four directors. Only the President, Vice President, Secretary &
Treasurer will be able to vote in National elections.
2. An officer must be an active or honorary member or their significant other in good
standing.
3. Nomination for officers shall be made at the spring business meeting and elections shall
be held at the fall business meeting of every other year. Officer’s term of office shall be
for two years starting the following January 1
st. No one shall serve in any one position
for more than six consecutive years with the exception of Web Master and Newsletter
editor.
4. Vacancy in office shall be filled for the remainder of the term by the nomination and
vote of the members at the next business meeting with the exception of the President,
whose remaining term shall be filled by the Vice President. Office vacancies may be
temporally filled by a vote of the remaining executive officers until a full club vote at the
next business meeting. Whether to temporarily fill vacant positions is at the discretion of
the president.

DUTIES OF THE PRESIDENT​
The duties of the President shall be:
1. To issue the call for all regular and special meetings.
2. To preside over all meetings.
3. To schedule regular elections and insure that they are held in accordance with
the by-laws.
4. To delegate authority and responsibility as necessary to accomplish the purpose
of the Club.
5. To implement, administer and explain the policies of the executive panel.
6. To act as Ex-Officio member of all committees.
7. To represent the Club at national VCA meeting(s).
8. To assign the duties of the Directors.
9. To appoint any and all committees necessary to conduct the business of the Club.
DUTIES OF THE VICE PRESIDENT​
The duties of the Vice President shall be:
1. To perform, in the absence of the President, all of the duties of the President.
2. To be chairman of the program committee, in that he/she shall plan the
activities of the Club in conjunction with the committee.
3. Will become President if current President resigns or cannot fulfill the duties of
office for any reason.
4. To provide a link to adjoining viper clubs for the purpose of combining events
and to expand participation.​
DUTIES OF THE SECRETARY​
The duties of the Secretary shall be:
1. To record and maintain the minutes of the meetings.
2. To supervise all records of the club.
3. To perform such other duties that, from time to time, may be specifically
assigned to him or her by the President.​
DUTIES OF THE TREASURER / MEMBERSHIP CHAIRMAN​
The duties of the Treasurer / Membership Chairman shall be:
1. To deposit and record dues and any other income of the Club.
2. To disburse and record all expenditures of the club.
3. To handle all incoming mail.
4. To make regular reports of the Club’s financial condition and a yearly report to
the national VCA.
5. To perform such other duties that, from time to time may be specifically
assigned to him or her by the President.
6. To get executive committee approval for expenditures over $250 per event.​
7 .​
To take a lead role in expanding membership.
8. To update incorporation information yearly.
9. To file IRS tax paperwork yearly.

OK folks- Start nominating!!!:headbang:
PBR

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No nominations??? Let's hear about who you think would make a good officer or you can nominate yourself! The club always benefits from a fresh, new, enthusiastic look on things that only new officers can bring.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd nominate Steve, but he has yet to say he would take the job if elected!

Don R turned me down.....and I understand why- maybe next time.

PBR

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for trying Paul. Some of the positions are definately going to be open for the next term, so we really need people to step up and volunteer.

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are too kind! :)

I haven't volunteered just because I don't think I could be half the officer that Heather has been! My first year and half in the club, my schedule was so bad that I hardly ever got out to club events, and Heather's e-mail was my lifeline (besides Cam's shop ;-)). As it is, I still don't know half the members. I try to get to events, but it's always super difficult for me during the summer.

But if there's a hole, I'll try to step up and become more involved. I just don't want to get in the way of someone else who could do a better job than me!

So, is there a minor role for a guy with too little time?

Steve

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Steve-
An easy position might be the Treasurer.... Look at the job description listed above!
Lots of flexability in that position to do stuff almost anytime!
Please think about it!
Oh- and if you come to the BBQ on Saturday, we might try to twist your arm!:2tu:

Cheers
PBR

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough! Then I won't tell you about being the Treasurer for my last 3 Homeowners Associations :D After 6 years in my current position :bonker:, it's probably time for someone else to take it over. See you Saturday! :meal:

Steve

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nominations for officers to serve the 2009-2010 years of the Washington Viper Club of America need to be submitted to the current president no later than this Friday, September 26th at 5PM .

Positions up for nomination are President, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and newsletter editor. Descriptions of the duties performed by each of these officers can be found at wavca.org under the call for nominations tab. All members of the Washington club are eligible for nomination.

The official vote for these offices from the nominees will be held at the final monthly dinner of the year on October 5th at Angelo’s restaurant in Bellevue.

If you would like to participate in the club as an officer in any of the above mentioned offices please send an email with your name and the office you wish to be nominated for to [email protected] before the deadline.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang