Noob with a twist.

Devilbrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, names Brad, from California. This may be an odd introduction. I don't have a Viper. I have a 1967 Dodge D100 pickup. I am currently installing 1996 Corvette C4 suspension front and rear. My dilemna.......the stock Vette rear ends are weak. Even the D44 ones are blowing up at 500hp levels behind manual trans. I'm building a 416ci small block Mopar stroker turbo motor backed by a Viper T56. Seeing as all the suspension and rear end mounts are all going to be custom made, I have decided to use a Viper 3rd member and batwing in place of the Vette parts. What year Vipers are "easiest" to find these pieces out of? Any years to stay away from? What are gear ratio options? Does anyone have one out of a car that can measure the distance between the inner u-joints at the output flanges? I suppose if I started all over I would of loved to keep the truck all Dodge using Viper suspension front and rear, by I only paid $800 for all of the Vette suspension, steering, and brakes, I just couldnt pass it up. Thanks in advance for any help or opinions. I will leave you with a rendition of what the projected final product should be, LOL

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

Devilbrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Jon B at [email protected] if you need a used Viper rearend. All Vipers from 92-08, have a 3.07 stock rearend. Most guys who swap have gone with 3.33 or 3.55s.

Thank you sir. I think the 3.55 option for me will be best. Not like this brick is gonna challenge any top speed records, ha ha. Who makes the gears of choice? Also, curious how the rear suspension mounts on the Viper, I cant seem to find a good picture.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks awesome... what part Cali are you from?

Hey all, names Brad, from California. This may be an odd introduction. I don't have a Viper. I have a 1967 Dodge D100 pickup. I am currently installing 1996 Corvette C4 suspension front and rear. My dilemna.......the stock Vette rear ends are weak. Even the D44 ones are blowing up at 500hp levels behind manual trans. I'm building a 416ci small block Mopar stroker turbo motor backed by a Viper T56. Seeing as all the suspension and rear end mounts are all going to be custom made, I have decided to use a Viper 3rd member and batwing in place of the Vette parts. What year Vipers are "easiest" to find these pieces out of? Any years to stay away from? What are gear ratio options? Does anyone have one out of a car that can measure the distance between the inner u-joints at the output flanges? I suppose if I started all over I would of loved to keep the truck all Dodge using Viper suspension front and rear, by I only paid $800 for all of the Vette suspension, steering, and brakes, I just couldnt pass it up. Thanks in advance for any help or opinions. I will leave you with a rendition of what the projected final product should be, LOL

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

Devilbrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for putting a dodge motor in a dodge truck.

(one of my pet pieves)

good luck with your truck! looks good so far!

I wouldnt have it any other way. If I could (and everyone donated one part) I'd use all Dodge (Viper, hint hint, LOL) suspension in the truck!

OP
OP
D

Devilbrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In san francisco as well... might have to stop by and take a look at your work.

Not much to see right now, just an old truck torn all the way apart, dirty frame on stock leaf springs, and a 2X4 piece of rectangular tubing ready to cut. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang