Norfolk-Hampton Roads-Virginia Beach Vipers

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I'm most likely going to be up in the Norfolk-Hampton Roads-Virginia Beach area the weekend of May 10th, thought I'd see if any local Viper owners would be interested in a late Sat afternoon meet, perhaps at a *******? ;)

Reaction score
Hey, I spoke with Bugeater today and he told me the news! We have a ******* all picked out, I'll have the tank full and ready! We can storm Bugeater's new domicile and throow a house-warming party (I heard there are no "stripes" on the road near his house yet!!!!). :)

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me and my bud Dave Olsen in. I'll bring GTS, and he'll bring SRT. Please notify me of location & time.

I was hoping we could paint an orphanage or something, but ******* will just have to do.

Thanks, George

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

I am having a Viper get together at the Manassas ******* on May 10th,

COME ON UP!

Mark

Wish I could, but I'll be some hours away in the VA Beach area (seeing my sister, friends of the family, etc. that weekend) - have to get up your way soon though!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I spoke with Bugeater today and he told me the news! We have a ******* all picked out, I'll have the tank full and ready! We can storm Bugeater's new domicile and throow a house-warming party (I heard there are no "stripes" on the road near his house yet!!!!). :)

Haha, I'm sure he'd love that with his mother-in-law visiting! :LOL: BTW, which ******* do you have picked out?

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me and my bud Dave Olsen in. I'll bring GTS, and he'll bring SRT. Please notify me of location & time.

Cool, what's a good time for everyone? 3pm? As for location, presumably Vipermad will tell us :)

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ******* at Waterside would be cool, but parking would be an issue. The ******* near Janaf Shopping Center is a good alternative, as they have hosted car club-type events in the past.

Anytime is good for me.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, yes...there are a couple of car cruise locations on Independence Blvd in Va Beach Saturday afternoon/evening. Giant Square shopping center next to the Red Lobster, and Jenro's Coffee Shop at Haygood Shopping Center. They are 1/2 mile from each other. Jenro's is the better-known location. It went away for a couple of years, but it's back.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,
My new home is right around the corner from the Haygood carshow locale...I am off Northampton. I live on Lake smith. Thats a good place for everyone to meet, then cruise from there.

Reaction score
John and I met up at the Haygood get-together a couple weeks ago. Of course we'll likely have to push John's car there...... :)

Give me a call John!

George is right....parking out near Janif is better. Of course, my favorite is about 3 blocks from me. :) Out by Oceana.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How 'bout a RICHMOND get together?

Any Vipers call the Capital city home?

There's some Richmond Vipers, but I've tried to solicit interest on a get-together there to no avail...

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys in the area figure out the best ******* to go with ;) I'll be in Norfolk in the ODU area in the noon-early afternoon time-frame, but I've been to the Waterside ******* and know what you mean about parking there. I may have a dinner to attend later in the evening, but will have the mid-afternoon to early evening available for sure.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, folks, just make the arrangements, and count us in!

I don't see why the Richmond folks can't cruise down...90 miles is no big deal. If you hate I-64 weekend traffic like I do, take Rte. 460 via Suffolk. Nicer drive anyway. Adds about 20 miles to the drive.

Reaction score
Thing is, I'm closer and have contacts with the ******* here by Oceana. I'll try to get some info on the one by Military Circle if that'll do. :) Bugeater also thought about us all stopping by the little meet-and-greet on Independence (by Haygood....at Jenro's). Thoughts?

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets meet @ Hampton Roads carshow locale, then hit Oceanside Hoots....Christ, Vipermad knows them all there. We'll get special treatment for sure.

Thats my vote.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets meet @ Hampton Roads carshow locale, then hit Oceanside Hoots....Christ, Vipermad knows them all there. We'll get special treatment for sure.

Thats my vote.

Exact location? 3pm work?

Reaction score
OK, command decision time. :)

Based on [n]slaughterj[/b] being free mid-afternoon to early evening.

Saturday, May 10: 3:30PM we meet at the corner of Virginia Beach Blvd. and Independence. There is a bank(?) on the mall side of the intersection, easy access and usually very empty with plenty of room. We can meet up, take a gander at the cars on our own, shoot the breeze....then head up the road a couple miles to Jenro's. I think they usually start around 4PM. All that has ever been there is one, lone Viper....I don't know what will happen with several!!! :) (John.....you sort out your issues yet??). We can then cruise to ******* in Oceana via the ocean-front. I'll try to make arrangements for some parking (I'll post later with details....I'm heading down there tonight go figure!!!!. What time do you have to bail slaughterj? Alternatively, we can head to the Military Circle *******...as a back up plan. I doubt it is much closer though.

OK, please provide feedback. Me? I'm easy! (NOT cheap though!!). :) Bugeater has my number if anything comes up, and I'll e-mail it to the rest of you.

Chime in here if you haven't already and I'll know to arrange more seating/parking.

NOTE: I am slightly concerned about parking at Oceana *******.....but I should be able to get a better fell after I talk to them tonight. I'll report back!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, I'm probably good for 3-4 hours, some good hang-out time and get a beer, oh and Bugeater has my # as well. If parking doesn't seem good at your selected *******, feel free to make a command decision on another.

BTW, is VA Beach Blvd and Independence near the strip at Va Beach?

Where are each of the ******* at?

Reaction score
Not really near the strip. You wanna meet down by the ocean-front???

You can't miss the Independence exit off of 264. Once you get to the "Blvd", the mall is across on your right.

Heck, we can meet anywhere really....I was trying to find a place that was easy to find...and had alot of room, easy access, etc.

Heck, we could meet at the Military Circle *******, snack, beer (only one when I'm driving :) ), then head to Haygood!!!! Throw me a bone here. :) LOL!!!!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, looks likely that I'll be available longer.

Not really near the strip. You wanna meet down by the ocean-front???

You can't miss the Independence exit off of 264. Once you get to the "Blvd", the mall is across on your right.

Heck, we can meet anywhere really....I was trying to find a place that was easy to find...and had alot of room, easy access, etc.

Heck, we could meet at the Military Circle *******, snack, beer (only one when I'm driving :) ), then head to Haygood!!!! Throw me a bone here. :) LOL!!!!

I'm fine with meeting anywhere, make a decision! :) Here's my deal, eating lunch with my sister up at ODU, so if you tell me where to go from there, I'll be there :)

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I might be cruising the strip at VA Beach late Fri evening.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been in touch via email w/George. 3:30pm will work.
So we'll meet at your corner Tony.

My car seems to be sorted out, I'll know more today.

Reaction score
I'm fine with meeting anywhere, make a decision! :) Here's my deal, eating lunch with my sister up at ODU, so if you tell me where to go from there, I'll be there :)

Just leave ODU area like you are heading to the Beach. Not sure how you'll go....but the easiest to explain is to take 64 to 264 interchange. Follow 264 around towards the Beach. (You might even go down through Norfolk on Northhampton Blvd to pick up 264). When you get to the SECOND exit at Independence Blvd. (meaning you go over Independence and loop back around...right exit) just follow that around. I think Virginia Beach Blvd. is the third light. Go through that light in the right lane (Fuddruckers on your left right before intersection), you will (should) see us in the parking lot on your right just after the intersection. Take next right (or you can take the one after that if you think the first one is too steep....I can't recall off-hand. I usually go in at the very next light...very smooth transition). I'll be there a bit early just to be sure

I am waiting to hear back from the ******* over here by me. We have alot of flexibility really. I'll head down to Military Circle ******* tomorrow after work to scope it out.

Glad to hear things are looking up Bugeater. I still need a CLOSE look at your rollbar!! :)

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3:30 PM Saturday works for me. THat bank is easy to find.

Just look for the silver GTS doing doughnuts and dirt burnouts in the bank parking lot...

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just leave ODU area like you are heading to the Beach. Not sure how you'll go....but the easiest to explain is to take 64 to 264 interchange. Follow 264 around towards the Beach. (You might even go down through Norfolk on Northhampton Blvd to pick up 264). When you get to the SECOND exit at Independence Blvd. (meaning you go over Independence and loop back around...right exit) just follow that around. I think Virginia Beach Blvd. is the third light. Go through that light in the right lane (Fuddruckers on your left right before intersection), you will (should) see us in the parking lot on your right just after the intersection. Take next right (or you can take the one after that if you think the first one is too steep....I can't recall off-hand. I usually go in at the very next light...very smooth transition). I'll be there a bit early just to be sure

I am waiting to hear back from the ******* over here by me. We have alot of flexibility really. I'll head down to Military Circle ******* tomorrow after work to scope it out.

Glad to hear things are looking up Bugeater. I still need a CLOSE look at your rollbar!! :)

Cool, see you guys then.