Not Happy! National VCA please get involved!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still no call for me. Got the letter some time ago. Has everyone that received the letter been contacted?

When it occurs I will make decisions. If nothing more favorable comes along I may have to choose one of the less desirable options. They are:
- Do Nothing
- Get it serviced at a dealership (obviously the best one I can find) and take my chances
- Investigate Buy Back
- Sell
- Initiate legal action (obviously the last and least desirable)

Okay - what is most favorable among these "choices?"

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing is, Ron, I don't think you have any grounds for a buyback. The lemon law usually covers multiple attempts at repair without success. I am 100% sure DC would not accept a buyback, which leaves arbitration as your other option to effect that. What arbitor is going to force a buyback when a repair was never attempted?

As for legal action, I don't think it would be fruitful either.

I am with you - I think DC needs to do more to fix this, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen, and I'm quite sure nobody is going to get a successful buyback over this or would win a lawsuit over it either.

Milksnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, I disagree with you. The offer is not cast in stone. Offers can be changed. I understand what you are saying about the equality issue, however each region has its own set of circumstances. Therefore, as Fred said earlier the ISP solution is not appropriate for everybody, nor is it a perfect world. It would have been nice to have been consulted prior to PVO determining the solution, but since we were not changes need to be adjusted. As far as your concern about viper owners who do not visit or subscribe to the viper organization that is too bad because they would have benefited from working together as team. Perhaps, this will become a wake-up call to other viper owners to become part of the viper nation. Also, I noticed that you have not received your car, that it is still on order therefore it will not be effected and you cannot judge what we feel or experience.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really do not know either. In this case though I received a car that does not meet it's stated performance through an obvious defect. Not a reliability issue but an issue regarding the conformance to purchase specification. I believe it could be argued that this fault has also reduced the value of the car. Fixed or not.

The buyback option would be customer satisfaction and not warranty related. All (most) SRT purchasers are returning Viper owners, some like me being multiple Viper owners. Is this really the group that DC wants to dissatisfy?

I don't really know these things. Just thinking them through here on the board. And not really happy with any of the alternatives. Still haven't heard from the VCA on this. Even with threads directed right at them. I mean I don't think one single VCA national director has posted on this thread.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been contacted but have not yet received my letter. I was told that I would have to sign the "letter" and send it back before they would issue my $500, Canadian, Mopar certificate.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Still haven't heard from the VCA on this. Even with threads directed right at them. I mean I don't think one single VCA national director has posted on this thread.

Actually, we should merge these two topic into one.....there is another topic already started discussing this matter, here's my latest synopsis:

Here's some info:

First and foremost, PVO has been actively viewing these topics, and do concern themselves with your valid sensitivity to this issue.

It is my understanding that we, the "valve-issue" customers, can decide where we take his car (within logical geographic boundaries), and Dodge is providing transportation to and from that dealer if you would rather not take the drive.

There seems to be a few regions in particular, that unfortunately don't have a "Viper friendly" dealer, and this issue is being addressed as we speak.

Hang in there.

This is a VALVE replacement for maximizing horsepower (awesome published level!). In my humble opinion, It does not seem that it would be realistic to think that your car is at LESS risk of scratches, damage, etc if you pull the motor and send it out... as the SAME Mechanic that some are suggesting can't do a valve swap....will have to disconnect all fittings, connectors, fuel lines, brackets, etc .... lift that baby up, crate it..... and then do the same thing once again... on the way back in....after storing it for quite a while as well.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be logical (just my opinion) that the ultimate scenario would be to satisfy all concerns by finding a mega-qualified tech that will quickly AND carefully, and with all TLC, complete the upgrade expediently. I believe this would be the ultimate scenario for Dodge as well, as they would be responsible for any mishaps, additional servicing, etc if the job is not done absolutely perfect... and that is what PVO is striving for right now!

As far as the "loss of value" suggestions, as an SRT owner myself, I believe that the FACT that you will HAVE a document confirming that the service has been performed, will be an ADDED value, as when it's time to upgrade that baby for your next Viper... you will have the ability to prove that your 2003 is guaranteed to have the latest and greatest, maximum HP, valves installed.

As far as extending the warranty? All SRT owners already have 7/70 on engine and drivetrain..... I'm sure any issue with the replaced valves would surely present themselves before then? ;)

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure glad to hear that PVO is looking into the situation. My idea was not to have the motor removed and sent out for repair but instead to ship the car back and when the job is complete have it shipped back to me. If they send a "mega - tech" around to the regions that do not have a qualified, great!
How will they give us proof that our cars have the hp & torque after the repair?

Milksnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joseph, thank you for your words of wisdom and support. We are feeling better (blood pressure is down a bit) knowing that you are out there speaking on our behalf. We were getting ready to contact Auto Week, Car and Driver, etc., etc., regarding this issue. We will hold back at this point.

Again, thanks.

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also have recieved the recall letter, have the discalmer letter but no contact by phone. I know the tech in this part of the country has not been trained on the SRT-10.

CaboViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Fred. ISG is useless. Talked to them on several occasions with no positive results. DC should spend the money on solving our problem in a more constructive way. DC has stated on several occasions how valuable they consider Viper owners but I do not see it in this case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96