Reaction score
NY/CT \"Grand High Poobah Of Steakdom\" Cruise November 18

2402selecting.jpg
2402meat-b-200x200.jpg
2402storefront.jpg

Date: Friday, November 18th
Time: 7:45 PM
Place: Peter Luger's Brooklyn Steakhouse http://www.peterluger.com/index.html
This is the REAL DEAL Ladies and Gents! 10 Full Cylinders of Beef !!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

RSVP Necessary. Kindly post your intentions below.

<font color="blue">Peter Luger Steak House
178 Broadway, Brooklyn 718-387-7400

ZAGAT Food Rating 28
"Nothing compares" to this "grand high poobah" of steakdom, a Williamsburg "temple of testosterone" (and "shrine to Dr. Atkins") that's voted the top chop shop in this Survey for the 20th year running; look for a "glorious porterhouse" that you can "cut with a butter knife", "cantankerous" waiters right "out of central casting", German "beer-hall" decor and a "cash-only" policy; in sum, it's "right on the money" when it comes to the "best steak in the known world."
</font>
2402bar.jpg
2402tables.jpg

Directions:
FROM MANHATTAN: Take the FDR Drive South to Grand Street continue straight on Grand Street until Norfolk Street. Make a right turn on to Norfolk. Make a right turn to Delancey Street and continue straight to the Williamsburg Bridge. Stay on the outermost lane of the bridge and make the first possible right turn onto Broadway. We are located at 178 Broadway (Across from HSBC Bank).

FROM QUEENS: Take BQE West to exit 31 Wythe-Kent Ave. Continue straight to second traffic light which is Kent Ave. Make a right on Kent Ave. Continue for 3/4 mile to Broadway. Make a right turn on Broadway go straight 4 blocks to the restaurant.

FROM LONG ISLAND: Take the LIE to the BQE and give them directions from Queens.

FROM DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN: Take BQE East to exit 30 Flushing Avenue. Go two lights straight to Kent Ave. Make a left on Kent continue straight to Broadway. On Broadway make a right turn. Go straight for four blocks to 178 Broadway.

FROM STATEN ISLAND / SOUTHERN NJ: Take the Verrazano Bridge to the BQE East. Follow directions from Downtown Brooklyn.

FROM NORTHERN NEW JERSEY: Take the George Washington Bridge to the FDR Drive South to exit 5 Houston Street. Follow directions from Manhattan.

FROM CONNECTICUT: Take the Merritt Parkway South to the Hutcheson River Parkway (towards NYC). Take the Cross County Parkway (going towards the George Washington Bridge). Take the NY State Thruway (Major Deegan Expressway) Exit to Willis Ave. Bridge, and follow signs to FDR Drive South. Get off at exit 5 and follow directions from Manhattan.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT

Damn, that is far in advance but I could imagine the list at Peter's. I will be in +1 assuming everyone does not back out of this one!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dang, i just noticed it said NOVEMBER....ok...IM IN plus 1

i really should read these threads better..lol

my head isnt clear today (like it ever was)

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn, that is far in advance but I could imagine the list at Peter's. I will be in +1 assuming everyone does not back out of this one!!!
Yep...

Saturday nights for groups over 4 are booked through December for regular dinner hours. 5:45 or 9:45 and later are the only slots open (they take reservations at :45 after the hour, don't ask me why in hell they do that).

OK, so far we've got 10. Where D? He'll have his car back by then FOR SURE!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Real easy from the usual 34th &amp; 1st spot. You'd just continue east on 34th street onto the FDR Drive south. Then down to the Grand Street Exit. Take Grand about 7 blocks to Norfork St. and make right. Then 3 blocks to Delancy and make right over the Williamsburg Bridge.

Take Broadway exit on the other side of the bridge. Restaurant is 2 blocks down on left.

There's also a private parking area there. $5 bucks and the attendent will watch over your car like you were a Don.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

will be there....its 15 mins from my house...
DIMITRIOS IS ALIVE AND WELL!!!

OK..looks like we're going to be a bigger group than I expected. I'll have to expand our reservation.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK so here's the RSVP list:

2. Adrian
4. Tiger
6. Phil
8. Tony
10. Chuck
12. Scott
14. Jon
15. Finally

I'm going to have to secure this with $ now that we're over a dozen, so from here on in, RSVP with a yes or no....no maybes.

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: The Steak House Outing.

Scott,
Hi Dr. John ( John R. Heywang).The event at Reugers Steak House looks like a "delicious" event.Naturally,you know I won't be driving my Viper into NY as per the last cruise where my Prowler about got demonished.But I have a Lincoln Navigator which I feel very safe in so you can put me down for this event.I love dining at fine places with you guys.Just me for now.
Thankyou.

Joisey J
John R. Heywang

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott,
Hi Dr. John ( John R. Heywang).The event at Reugers Steak House looks like a "delicious" event.Naturally,you know I won't be driving my Viper into NY as per the last cruise where my Prowler about got demonished.But I have a Lincoln Navigator which I feel very safe in so you can put me down for this event.I love dining at fine places with you guys.Just me for now.
Thankyou.

Joisey J
John R. Heywang :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK so here's the RSVP list:

2. Adrian
4. Tiger
6. Phil
8. Tony