NY Show -- DC Disses Viper

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once again DC places Viper in back corner away from all the action.

While Corvette, Ford GT, Porsche GT...all are prominantly and proudly displayed as the lead signature car for the line up usually on rotating displays, the Viper sits alone in a back corner witha absolutely no fanfare.

DC has no marketing saavy.....What's up with that?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gm is on the verge of collapse. Ford GT owners can't even drive their cars. I think Our beloved Viper is doing ok.. :2tu:

ChrisL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I was really suprised how Dodge did not feature the coupe at all. It was kinda just sitting there towards the back of the Dodge display.

Come on Dodge, at least rope the car off. Some guy put his two year old on the hood so he could get a picture of him.

At first he put him on the fender, but the kid kept sliding off.

You must be registered for see images

Then he moved him to the back of the hood so the kid could lean on the windsheild. That's when I said something.

I'm telling ya, no respect at all.

OP
OP
M

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Our Vipers are doing great.... DC just should give it some respect....and some common sense marketing saavy, and if not, then why even have the car in the show at all.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been the same at every show -- even the Detroit show had a much inferior exhibit than the competition. I just don't get it -- why the bum treatment?!!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They ruined that poor car.Every ***** was on top of it.Every year the NY show comes it's the same sht.They let the car get abused.They didn't even rope it off.

OP
OP
M

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I'm going to write a letter to DC, why not? Whoever is in charge of this show obviously doesn't own a Viper.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again DC places Viper in back corner away from all the action.

While Corvette, Ford GT, Porsche GT...all are prominantly and proudly displayed as the lead signature car for the line up usually on rotating displays, the Viper sits alone in a back corner witha absolutely no fanfare.

DC has no marketing saavy.....What's up with that?

Did DC just have one area with all of their properties (Dodge, Mercedes, Chrysler, Maybach), or did Dodge and Mercedes occupied different spaces?

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't get it. With Archer winning and a new coupe coming out -- why doesn't Dodge push this car? No ads, no exposure at the auto shows -- just nods and winks, and assurances from SRT that "We're doing great things and we'll not let the Viper slip . . ." Does Dodge wonder why they have a stockpile of SRT-10 when for all practical purposes the car is invisible in their marketing program? When the Caddies beat the Vipers in the GT class last year we saw all sorts of ads bragging about it -- not only in the auto mags, but in publications ranging from Good Housekeeping to the Wall Street Journal. I guess Dodge thinks they have such a loyal bunch in the VCA they don't need to tell anyone else . . . :rolleyes:

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats because they want this car to die off.They even made it look ugly so you won't buy it.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sitting back and seeing how the chips fall....I was at VIO8, the SEMA show in Vegas, and have kept up with things in the Arizona VCA and I have yet to see the comments made by the SRT guys come to reality. My 2006 coupe order is on hold and I guess unless something fantastic happens my next new Viper with be an '07 or '08 assuming an upgrade in horsepower or styling appears or I do something bad to my '03.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Keeping my AMERICAN '98 GTS. The dc germans can go pound salt. My next purchase will be to trade my '03 Cobra for an '06 Shelby GT500 another AMERICAN muscle car. BTW, mercedes ****. Don't even race them anymore because they can't win or are engineered so bad their prototypes go airborne. Only race program they have is F1 and that stinks. Never should have sold Chrysler/Dodge to the germans. Don't trust them or the french. Also, don't try flaming me for not being PC. :usa: