O.E.M. questions

Matt Dumas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, Iwould like to say this website is a wonderful source of info.I have never owned a Viper before so I didn't know too much about them, but all the members have been great in helping me out.My question is, what gears came factory in the 96 GTS? I checked the ratio in mine & it is 3.73.Also, I have blue KONI shocks.Are those factory?Thanks again for your help!

OP
OP
M

Matt Dumas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,
That would explain all the noise coming from the rear end. Someone's already messed with it!Also the speedo may be off a lot.( That would explain the Hyundai Sonata keeping up aside of me when I was doing 110MPH on the way home!)TNT has 3.45 r.e. assy.'s for $1495 plus exchange.Also includes recalibration for trans.They claim its the quietest r.e. around.It sounds like a good deal.What about the koni shocks? Also ,does the viper registry have a website? All I see is a phone #.

Thanks

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Matt,

All 1996 to 2000 standard (not ACR) shocks are Koni's painted blue. I'm not sure if the 2001's are going to be different.

Regarding the gear change, if you want to switch from a 3.73, we (Roe Racing) offer gear changes at $525 (assuming the differential is in good condition and was not damaged) and speedo recalibration boxes for $120. Otherwise, you could just have it serviced if it's making noise. A service on it would be an inspection, check the gear wear pattern and potentially reset the pinion depth or differential location to adjust for the optimum wear pattern and reduced noise durring acceleration and decelleration. That would just be an hourly charge.

Regarding the registry, I don't think Jay herbert (administrator) has a website for it.

Sean