Official ACR info

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I am not sure why someone thinks those times arent for the full track. They certainly are. I have a number of 2.16's full track on street tires in my old ACR for VIR.

But the rest of the data being accurate and true, well that I cant confirm.

Jon

I was going off of C&Ds time on the full 4.2 mile track....Their times were 2:58secs for the Z06 and 3:01 for the "06" Viper [done on different test dates not head to head]....If you can knock a min off their times then you need to do the driving for them....I dont claim to know the track like you do just made an educated assumption based on C&D's times...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short footnote to all, Mr. Rockafella appears to have an email address at East Carolina University, somehow I just know he's not a Professor who owns a Corvette or has ever driven anything over 200 HP..... Sigh........and my apologies to him in advance if I accidentally screwed up anything in his account while I was doing the research. Just a little too much rain on my personal ACR parade at this time.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leo00BlacksilverGTS...how about another Men in Black episode...I saw the Canadian post appear and disappear in an hour(but I was wearing my sunglasses)...it would be nice if the same happened to Mr. Rockafella and his posts. Thank you in advance and you can remove this post if you like.

Last edited:

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The post about the mythical Vette was intended as humorous hence the LOL contained in it, along with the various references to sasquatch. Seems pretty obvious to me???

Chevy has made no secret it is building this Vette and it's desired HP level. Absent an unforeseen setback it will probably be available as an 09 model with 650 to 700 HP. Assuming that is the case it would be no surprise if it is quicker around a track then a 600 HP CGT and quite possibly an 08 ACR? Current Z06 is a great car by any standard as I am sure the ZR1 will be as well.

None of which means that Dodge won't have an answer for the 2009 ZR1 with it's 2009 Viper? It wouldn't be impractical for Dodge to actually wait and see what the new production ZR 1 actually comes in at in terms of actual HP and weight before responding? If the rumored reliability problems with the ZR1 have any truth to them perhaps the production ZR1 only comes in at 600 HP and perhaps the ACR doesn't need more HP in the short term???

HP claims for the new Vette are pure speculation at this point it seems to me? Which was the point of my earlier post.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going off of C&Ds time on the full 4.2 mile track....Their times were 2:58secs for the Z06 and 3:01 for the "06" Viper [done on different test dates not head to head]....If you can knock a min off their times then you need to do the driving for them....I dont claim to know the track like you do just made an educated assumption based on C&D's times...

Unless they are using the parking area, I sure dont see where this extra full track is. :rolaugh: Full track has always been low 2 min times with sub 2 mins by the best of the best.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless they are using the parking area, I sure dont see where this extra full track is. :rolaugh: Full track has always been low 2 min times with sub 2 mins by the best of the best.

We are talking about VIR right???Just making sure...Dont know if you are aware of C&D Lightening Lap series but they have only gotten 1 production car under the 3 minute mark and that was the 07 Z06...Even the Porsche GT3 couldnt beat the Vipers or Z06's time...I believe they said the 08 Viper beat the Z06's time of 2:58 by over 1 second so thats still not even remotely close to 2:01 etc..No way slicks are gonna chop 1 minute off on a 4 mile track........

Im a bit taken aback at why they are 1 minute slower than you are...We are talking production times here not race cars...I cant be the only one that has read those C&D articles....Open my eyes please as Ive have no experience with that track....5 sec difference I can understand but 1 minute makes no sense thats why I assumed it wasnt the full track that was used....

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Features - Car and Driver August 2007

Apparently there is a Grand Course that you arent aware of:)....Why would they allude to a "Grand Course" if it is only one configuration...Eagerly await you educating me:)

Before you do check this out...

Course Maps

V

Venomiss

Short footnote to all, Mr. Rockafella appears to have an email address at East Carolina University, somehow I just know he's not a Professor who owns a Corvette or has ever driven anything over 200 HP..... Sigh........and my apologies to him in advance if I accidentally screwed up anything in his account while I was doing the research. Just a little too much rain on my personal ACR parade at this time.
Thank you Lee. ACR =A Corvette Runover
(no offense to the vette owners on these boards, just to the trolls)
After that rant and just showing up it's not a big surprise.
Trolls need to return under their bridge. Please make him ....

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Lee. ACR =A Corvette Runover
(no offense to the vette owners on these boards, just to the trolls)
After that rant and just showing up it's not a big surprise.
Trolls need to return under their bridge. Please make him ....

I flashed my little light in his eyes last night, he now has a total case of Bow Tie Myopia and does not seem to remember how to log on any more. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: I will refresh his memory regarding the login process after we've fully enjoyed our ACR party without those rude yellow car pictures being posted. He clearly was not like our other Corvette Brothers who manage to appreciate both brands as we do here.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The longest and rarely used configuration is the VIR Grand, not VIR Full which is used all the time.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to think that the exact car pictured above (magazine cover car, etc.) will end up in the garage of a VCA member for as little as $125... :D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1- the 2003-2006 SRT10 did 0-150 mph in 19.5 seconds

2- the C6Z06 dose 0-150 mph in 17.5 seconds

3-The 2008 SRT10 dose 0-150 mph in 17.0 seconds

What the hell dose this have to do with anything????????????

Well the ACR with it's added areo will likely do 0-150 mph in 16.5 seconds...How fast is that?????Lets put it this way...Thats F**kin fast...

As well the C6Z06 has been running 11.7-12.0 at 123-125 mph this year...

The 2003-2006 Viper ran 12.0-12.3 at 119-122 in the past year

The 2008 Viper has ran 11.6-11.9 at 124-126 in the past month..

But the ACR with it 40 pound lighter rims/tires ( yes that 10 pounds per tire of rotating weight that has been removed and is a HUGE deal) will likely run 11.5-11.8 at 125-127...

So it will be a 10th/1mph faster than the regular Viper and a solid 3 tenths/3 mph faster than the c6Z06...

The ACR is no freaking joke man...And quite frankly im wondering how that paint job would look on a red 2003 vert???

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that Dodge did the ACR the way they did now because we've beat the Z06 SS (or whatever they are calling the next supervette) to market......who's to say that Dodge doesn't have another power-adding surprise in the bag for that time just before the supervette comes to market?

I am certainly VERY pleased about how Dodge took weight off the Viper (unsprung weight) and I believe we'll see some amazing test results when competent drivers get behind the wheel.

Regards,
Aaron

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the ACR with it's added areo will likely do 0-150 mph in 16.5 seconds...How fast is that?????Lets put it this way...Thats F**kin fast...

We are missing the point. This is not a "straight-line" car. With the aero package more load is placed on the four tires to provide more overall grip. This ***** the car to the road which results in higher cornering speeds and reduces wear on the brakes.. Airfoils are used to generate more downforce. And there is a price for this... Drag. Redirecting the energy of the airflow to hold a car down creates more resistance for the car to push against.

ACR aerodynamics (scroll-down)

Click Here: http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/608039-nice-add-air-brake.html

Edit: Watch the video ( Mike Shinedling‘s part)

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/607996-vca-srt-very-proud-present.html

Last edited:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks...But yea I see your point..DAMMIT..Well it should still get better 60 fts and be faster in the 1/4 mile stock for stock compared to the 08's..

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0-150mph

1- the 2003-2006 SRT10 did 0-150 mph in 19.5 seconds

2- the C6Z06 dose 0-150 mph in 17.5 seconds

3-The 2008 SRT10 dose 0-150 mph in 17.0 seconds

What the hell dose this have to do with anything????????????

As well the C6Z06 has been running 11.7-12.0 at 123-125 mph this year...

The 2003-2006 Viper ran 12.0-12.3 at 119-122 in the past year

The 2008 Viper has ran 11.6-11.9 at 124-126 in the past month..

But the ACR with it 40 pound lighter rims/tires ( yes that 10 pounds per tire of rotating weight that has been removed and is a HUGE deal) will likely run 11.5-11.8 at 125-127...

So it will be a 10th/1mph faster than the regular Viper and a solid 3 tenths/3 mph faster than the c6Z06...

The ACR is no freaking joke man...And quite frankly im wondering how that paint job would look on a red 2003 vert???

I am pretty sure the ACR, with all that extra downforce (1000 lbs downforce at 150mph), will run 0-150 mph slower then the 08 Vipers 17.0 sec. :drive: It will make up for it in turns though. :headbang: :2tu:

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys if i read right the 1000lbs downforce is achieved by high down force set-up !

i think you can reduce drag by changing downforce setup !!!

T.C.z.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've never understood what the point of comparing a stock Viper to a stock Vette is. Why not compare your specific car to someone else's specific car? If you want 675HP or 1000HP, get it and don't worry about how a stock Viper and stock Vette compare.

Bench racing extraordinaires.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The longest and rarely used configuration is the VIR Grand, not VIR Full which is used all the time.

Now THAT is probably the disernable difference. Its called Full Track when north and south are used, and its 2 min plus track for meir mortals and sub 2 mins for the likes of the best VRL drivers. Apprently VIR Grand is this super size course. Glad we cleared that up.

VIR Full is what I know and what I stated as the times that are common, apparently the other person incorrectly called the Grand course the FULL course.

Jon

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So. Does anyone know When is the ACR coming out and available for order?

Flash
You can order now; although exact pricing isn't established and will be dependent upon your specific choice (color combination/driver's stripe, etc)

Published arrival is tenatively: 2nd Quarter of '08 (Spring)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually that is not correct, dealers do not have the order codes in their system yet. So you can't ORDER. But I'm sure they will take your deposit and place an order when the codes show up. and Autweek said 2nd quarter prodution, our own Mr. marshall said "early 08" I believe. There may be no difference between the two statements but Chris may comment.

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, thank you for clarifying that. I did not intend to mislead. While we are clarifying, The ACR does NOT delete the A/C, correct?

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question:

I just spoke to a leading Dodge dealer and they tell me only 100 ACRs will be built, anyone able to confirm that?

thx

-J

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody needs to squash that Rumor before the Over msrp epidemic starts like all limited edition sports cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950