Official ACR info

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will never pay a premium for any car. In fact, I'll never pay list for any car. Screw the exclusivity factor. And yes, I will be buying an ACR if the claimed performance numbers are real.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question:

I just spoke to a leading Dodge dealer and they tell me only 100 ACRs will be built, anyone able to confirm that?

thx

-J

Absolute and utter BS. So, Dodge would go to all that development time and expense for only 100 cars??? Go to another dealer.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's my understanding that they will only be building four cars for 2008: Lee's, DoctorBob's, mine, and Chuck's if he orders one. :D

And the truth is they will build pretty much as many as are ordered - whether it be 50 or 500. At some point they may run out of "capacity" for the 2008 model year at which point they will simply stop taking orders for the model year - regardless of what the mix is (ACR vs, "regular"). I suspect you will see the order system open up for the ACR around the first week of December and production start not terribly long after that.

And no, my mom won't let me buy an ACR so we will stick with 'Ol Yeller for now... :2tu:

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone think we might recieve cars before 2nd Quarter??????I ordered mine on 11-09-07 from B-Pimberton.

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When they build the ACR, will it be in 'color list' order? like the SRT10? Do you know the build order? If I order color 'z' does that mean I won't get my car until Aug 08? Also, do dealers with 'bulk' orders get first dibs on everybody? Or does Dodge go around the dealer network with one car color at a time?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When they build the ACR, will it be in 'color list' order? like the SRT10? Do you know the build order? If I order color 'z' does that mean I won't get my car until Aug 08? Also, do dealers with 'bulk' orders get first dibs on everybody? Or does Dodge go around the dealer network with one car color at a time?
Yes, they should be built in the color orders as planned, so if you order the Bright Blue Metallic Pearl Coat don't expect to see it until summer:

Winter introduction:
  • Viper Black Clear Coat
  • New Viper Violet Pearl Coat
Spring introduction:
  • Classic Viper Red Clear Coat
  • New Viper Very Orange Pearl Coat
Summer ’08 introduction
  • New Viper Bright Blue Metallic Pearl Coat
As far as ordering preference, there is no such thing as "bulk orders". Each Viper is ordered individually and the dealers with allocation get theirs first. If you have a small dealership with no Viper tech and little or no allocation, you will be waiting for quite a while. If your dealership has a larger allocation, that simply means they can order more customer cars. And of course the color production as listed above takes first priority as far as build/delivery. So if a teeny dealer with an allocation of one Viper ordered it in Venom Red with no other options (two tone interior, etc.) and Woodhouse ordered 85 Vipers all in Bright Blue Metallic with two tone interiors - the teeny dealer will have the first car by a pretty good margin.

That said, by the sheer numbers a large dealership such as Woodhouse, Roanoke, Buhler, etc. will have greater odds of getting the first cars simply because they are more likely to have one of the first, straightforward (no option) builds. They were also more likely to be on top of the ordering game and got the first orders in when they opened for each color. That too will give them earlier cars.

Hope this helps!

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Summer ’08 introduction
  • New Viper Bright Blue Metallic Pearl Coat"
I thought this was supposed to be a Spring '08 introduction. Is this later date just for the ACRs? or will this color now be later for all cars?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Summer ’08 introduction
I thought this was supposed to be a Spring '08 introduction. Is this later date just for the ACRs? or will this color now be later for all cars?

I'd say it would be for all cars. As you know, everything has been delayed due to the late launch. It's tough that your color choice is the last to be produced...

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Summer ’08 introduction

Will the Bright Blue now become a 2009 model?

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, it looks like the first ACRs may be ready February 2008 or so and will be either black or viper violet?

ctr2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where can you see these new colors ? will the driver's stripe be available with all colors ?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where can you see these new colors ? will the driver's stripe be available with all colors ?

Enjoy!

ACRColorOptions11907b.jpg

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see what SRT announces in the next day or so. If this car is delivered with 600hp, it is going to get whipped by the ZR1, which is going to have 650hp at only 3000 pounds. If the magazine is incorrect and it comes out with 675hp, we have a hell of a Viper. I agree with the other member here who mentioned the desirability of the standard Viper. I am guessing that 90% of Viper buyers would rather have this version than the standard Viper.

I can't believe you are a Viper Owner! Maybe you should just Sell your Viper & purchase a No Nothing ZR-1. Speed is not everything. Yes, maybe a ZR-1 maybe be faster for a year or so but, it looks pretty much like a regular Corvette to the average person. The ZR-1 & the Z06 recognition get diluted because of all the standard Corvettes on the road. No one makes a mistake what car you are driving when you a driving a Viper. With a Corvette you have to put ZO6 Or ZR-1 on your license plate. I don't think you will have to do that with a 08 Viper ACR.

Don't get me wrong, I like Corvettes. I just like Vipers MORE. I had a 2001 Z06 that I traded in on my current 2003 Viper. Before I got my Viper I used to think that seeing a Corvette on the road was nice but seeing a Viper was a Spirtual experience. I like the overall style & V-10 Torque without a supercharger of the 2008 Viper & especially the 08 ACR.
My dealer will be ordering me a 08 ACR as soon as the Chrysler ordering system is accepting ACR Orders.

You can tell from my user name that I am planning ahead.

AL

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the KW suspension package is the new Stage 3 version and if they updated the height adjustment rings to a better material?
I am looking to buy a Stage 2 set for my own car however I have heard from various people that the height adjustment rings (being different in material) will become fixed to the shock body over time, basically making the entire set useless if you decide to go to a different setting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62