Oh no he's back DOLPHIN MAN!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Oh no he\'s back DOLPHIN MAN!

why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well he certainly has the ALL CAPS THING DOWN PRETTY WELL!

Geesh. I know very little about art, but in my humle opinion, they just destroyed a very nice car.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ok, how do you guys get your avatar to work? Also I am a paid member of the VCA. Me no longer likey to be an enthusiast.

Sorry for the threadjack.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a horible looking paint job, on a potentially beautiful car.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The actual artwork looks great. For me...It does not belong on any car.

94 Diablo...That car is worth about 115k. I would give lots less compared to a factory painted car. Maybe I am just weird and some people like the dolphins.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The actual artwork looks great. For me...It does not belong on any car.

94 Diablo...That car is worth about 115k. I would give lots less compared to a factory painted car. Maybe I am just weird and some people like the dolphins.

First,a 94 SE is not a normal diablo.It is 350lbs lighter,with 530 horse.Only 25 cars were imported to the u.s.Purple cars totalled 6.It was an extremely rare and valuable lambo.Worth 165 everyday,with the 2k miles of course.It runs a 0-60 in 3.5,with a top speed of 213.But it is ruined.I talked to the dealer,and told him lassen skould stick to t shirts,and stay away from cars.Some art lover may step up,but you have to really like fish,or dolphins.whatever.Its ruined.I told them the car was now worth 140 or so,because it needed a paint job.They hung up on me.Oh well.

jramey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

when I had my ferrari 348 there was a 348 at the art gallary here that was light blue with dolfins on If i had to pick I would pick the purple diablo, but I will keep my viper for now.
john

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What a shame. They should have laws against doing this. Seems like there's a second ignoramus that wants that car and its now up to $137.6k. Only $110k away from going to a new owner.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's not so much the cost of the car but damn!!! Not to say it looks bad, but those paintings belong on a wall, not a car. If i had that much money, I sure as hell wouldn't watse it by driving a Exotic painted like a pod of dolphins.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What a shame. They should have laws against doing this. Seems like there's a second ignoramus that wants that car and its now up to $137.6k. Only $110k away from going to a new owner.

Well,Ive never been called an ignoramus,but what the heck.Like I said,the car is worth 165,I would pay 140 and have it repainted for 10k,and have 150 in it.They wont sell it for that,but you never know!!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats an anniversary though. I dont know about the 1/4 mil reserve though.

Is that honestly remesters car?

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't get it! I have seen a couple of cars now with dolphin themes. Is there some connection I'm missing? It just seems so out of place.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Haha. I dont get ti either. Someone sohuld buy a boat and paint some deer on the side. :)

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like my lovely wife always tells me ....money does NOT mean that people have any CLASS!!!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hahaha. Nice car collection viper585!

The diablo is the sweetest looking car. Although my ride in an ligtly modded f40 was sick.

My good friend sells quicksilver exhausts for itallian cars. They are like Tubi but 1/2 the price if you are ever interested.

Take care!

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Browsing the pictures I noticed that the manufacturer's sticker recommends 45 psi in the tires!?!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I actually don't think that it looks that bad.
I certainly wouldn't pay MORE for any car with a wild paint job on it. But show cars often have outlandish custom paint jobs, many more tacky than this one.

As far as I know this is not Remster's. He did own a Momo Diablo (along with an F50), but they were both plain red cars. I believe that he still owns the Meteor Viper with the Lassen painted hood.

-Dean.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder if that is the one i saw in his showroom in Honolulu. It looked better as art, in a gallery then out on the road. on the road it looks funny... :crazy: