Oh no, my GTS is ugly!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am on my way home from C&C today and stopped to get gas when this loser which is a passenger in an old beat up pickup drives by and yells "your car is ugly". I had to laugh, amazing what some people will do. Unfortunately losers like this are why I will never leave my viper unattended unless it is at some type of car show event where there are other car lovers always around. Actually I do not even like to show any of my cars anymore for this exact reason. It is sad that the world is like this but I always try to remember that there are more good people out there than bad.

Little did the guy know but I took it as a compliment. :dunno: Not to mention, I didn't buy it to please him or anybody else, I bought it to enjoy myself be it looking at it in the garage or cruising the backroads after a bad day at work.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ya never know, he may be have just been being sarcastic. I have had folks tell me my Viper is ugly before , when it was only meant as a joke in passing.

I would probably go with the flow and take it as a compliment , as you surmised, but for a slightly different reason.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good thing you didnt buy it for him.... what kinda loser would actually say that ?

a simple finger and 3 words (***) will let him know my feelings

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard stuff like that before. I had a couple guys shout that my car was junk the other day actually. I just smiled and said your right now come get your girl out of it lol. They cursed me and I laughed as I drove off lol.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let the haters win! The best thing any of us can do, and from what I surmised, most of us do, is to smile and laugh. We all know they are just jealous losers who hate their lives so much they have to act out on others. Having a little storehouse of snappy comebacks is always fun too.... something along the lines of their wife or girlfriend said they LOVE Vipers after you dropped them off the other night does seem to rattle them, because, deep down inside, thats exactly what these guys are so insecure about.;)

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have yelled back "Yeah, so is your Mother, but thankfully your Dad was drunk and the lights weren't on or you wouldn't exist....guess that's how life goes huh?".

Unfortunately a statement such as above will generally start a fight, I'm sure you'll figure out the rest.

Regards,
Aaron

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no shortage of complete idiots out there. I was in my daily driver a couple of weeks ago on a two lane highway on a Saturday and some guy in a newer but shoddy looking base model 4cyl silver Camry with a dozen bumper stickers on the trunk lid cuts me off and proceeds to cut off 3 or 4 more cars ahead of me weaving in and out. So I'm watching him and his lane starts to slow with traffic so I get in the right lane which puts me right by him and I don't even look over. I moved back into the left lane and I had clear sailing ahead while he was stuck behind 4 cars riding on their bumpers weaving from one lane to another.

So he's been completely out of my sight for over a mile but I catch a red light and have to stop. I look in my rear view mirror and he got around the cars ahead of him and he's coming up on me at 90+ mph. So now he is right behind me at the light and he is beeping his horn with fast sustained short beeps. I don't even want to look at this a-hole but he was going nuts with his horn. So I look in my rear view mirror and he is holding up a badge but I'm not buying that he is a cop. The light turns green and I start to go keeping a car next to me so he can't pass and the guy is still beeping and showing the badge and really flipping out now. So I pull up and let him get around me and now he's in front of me just showing the badge. So I take my camera phone out and make like I'm shooting a video of him and he speeds off in a panic.... Loser nation is on the rise... Somewhere a Mall Cop is wondering if he will be arrested...:lmao:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he's one of those "contrary" people. You know, the ones who say "that's a bad ass ride" and he doesn't mean bad. Or they say "your car is sick!" but they mean it's really cool.

But probably he is resentful that you have something he will never have.

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It truly is SAD that we live in such a degenerated society. Ignorant people abound. Shooting their mouths off on the internet, flaunting their stupidity in public. I could go on and on. Guess it's the only way they feel important.

Another thing that floors me, is the impudence of people today. Can't tell you how many times I've been asked: 'So How much did you pay for it?'
None of your &*%$ing business, is what I think to myself. But I just say 'more than my 1st house - which I bought over 25 yrs ago' - That way it leaves them guessing. Plus, seeing the look in their eyes is priceless:D

And whenever someone makes a rude comment, I just smile and say 'thank-you'. Nothing burns someone else's hide more than not being able to rile you.

It's been said that living well is the best revenge. :yay:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just jealousy, I get it sometimes as well, but usually even the haters have drool running from their mouths just b/c of the sheer sight of the car...

Nocturnal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a funny topic, reminds me when I was at a gas station in downtown Honolulu when some idiot hangs out the window of a car and screamed out "Dodge Vipers ****" but when I looked up the idiot was hanging out the back window of a Dodge Durango, really the fool wasn't even driving but the passenger in the back seat.

What an idiot!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or, it could be someone that just doesn't like the look of a Viper. I know I've heard the word (clown shoe) remark more than once(mostly from the Porsche crowd though). Lol

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never heard a single negative comment or received a gesture other than positive. I guess when it happens, I'll just ignore it and assume that I misunderstood what they were saying. How can ANYONE not just love these cars? Some of the things reported above amaze me ... can't believe that there are such idiots out there.

black tower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sulbiate in italy close to como lake and Bellagio
I am on my way home from C&C today and stopped to get gas when this loser which is a passenger in an old beat up pickup drives by and yells "your car is ugly". I had to laugh, amazing what some people will do. Unfortunately losers like this are why I will never leave my viper unattended unless it is at some type of car show event where there are other car lovers always around. Actually I do not even like to show any of my cars anymore for this exact reason. It is sad that the world is like this but I always try to remember that there are more good people out there than bad.

Little did the guy know but I took it as a compliment. :dunno: Not to mention, I didn't buy it to please him or anybody else, I bought it to enjoy myself be it looking at it in the garage or cruising the backroads after a bad day at work.

I was recently in Monza Autodrome for a Ferrari Day and, and as the first surprise, my Viper GTS Gen II has been nicely invited in the paddock area surrounded by several model of Ferrari, Maserati...what's nice to see how many people were catching photo and asking about her.
The same it happen on the way back once at the petrol station a Ferrari 430 close to my Baby was completely ignored and the people around had only eyes for the always young baby:eater:
For sure, at least here in Europe, there are quite a lot of prejudice about the Viper as only very few have the pleasure....to get !!!
I drove Porsche 964-911 Carrera Targa , Toyota Supra Biturbo,Corvette c5 Z06,
but my dream has always been the Viper ....since I got I'm more than happy and pleased in spite how ..ugly somebody could find it!!
ciao from Monza ( Italy the Ferrari Country and now unfortunately even of the main Dodge Viper Shareholder.Hope Marchionne not implementing some policy !!!)
paolo alias blacktower

modernrocketry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think TLC referred to him as a Scrub

This is a funny topic, reminds me when I was at a gas station in downtown Honolulu when some idiot hangs out the window of a car and screamed out "Dodge Vipers ****" but when I looked up the idiot was hanging out the back window of a Dodge Durango, really the fool wasn't even driving but the passenger in the back seat.

What an idiot!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold up the keys and say, "Wanna take it for a spin?" Of course they hate it so much they will certainly say no. right? ;)

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smile and drive off or just pretend like you didn't hear anything. I once made a smart a$$ comment back and later had my car keyed a few days later. Fortunately it was just a mustang...

viperbuck93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first time I heard a comment like that ("Vipers ****") I was baffled, I could not believe that someone thought Vipers ****, and that they actually said that! But now I have had the car for awhile I understand that it is just jelousy, and I get a hundred "wow that car is sweet" comments to every negative one so it does not really bother me now. (Okay sometimes I want to pull them out of their car and kick the *%$# out of them) :lmao::lmao:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of haters out there for sure. Obviously you have one of the most beautiful cars ever made. That is a fact!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i first got my 94 rt/10,i had parked it out front .I was walking out my front door when a car full of guys in a mustang drove by.One yelled out 'Vipers ain't sh##t !...I just grinned real big and waved for them to come back,but they took off real fast. Those same guys used to ride up and down in front of my house all the time but since that day i haven't seen them around. It don't bother me when someone says something about my Vipers because i didn't get them to satisfy anyone else. Actually i get a lot of compliments and that was the only dig i ever heard though.:drive:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang