Oh Yeah..... the old Gen1 still has it!!!!! Photo/ Film shoot!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!
What can I say, a truly fun day!

Meguiar's invited me, (more so my car) to be part of their 2005 product release. Let's just say I was very honored to be chosen. Errrrrrr.... I mean that my car was chosen, since Brad Pitt I am not!! :laugh:

The car & I were picked up at 9:00am and unloaded at 11:00am.

You must be registered for see images attach

The shoot took place at a ranch in Encinitas, CA (North, San Diego County). The weather was perfect...65 degrees and sunny! The location was just a few miles inland from the ocean. Lots of beautiful homes on the winding roads through the hills on the way, and horse trails everywhere with many riders enjoying the day!

The shoot started around noon. Pizza took priority before the filming started. Yummy!
I parked the car in the proper position, that ended my work for the day. :laugh:

The Director pulled all the moving parts together. Time to film!

One of the first filming sequences was with Gold Class Soap.

Mike Pennington of Meguiar's was the model/actor for the day.

Filming the action.

On to another shot of Mike laying down the wax.

Last were still-photos for the new catalog.
still shots here.

When the action was finished, Meguiar's offered a free detail from Customer Care expert, Jose Torrez. The Viper really needed it after all the rain Southern California had for the last few weeks. Thanks Jose!!!!!!!

This was a real fun look at what goes on behind-the-scenes of catalog and commercial work. I observed that it takes a lot of patience and a good crew to pull something like this off. Quite the learning experience for me!

Look for the old out- of -date Gen 1 to grace the airwaves and the catalogs for Meguiar's 2005.

Thanks to everybody at Meguiar's for being CAR CRAZY!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like a TON of fun!! Congrats!! :2tu:

It makes me wonder though, if they chose your RT because it was in need of some TLC?? :D j/k You know like a before and after picture...haha

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to remember any year/model/color viper is exclusive and WILL get looks and downright is an AWESOME car.

Hell if/when I can afford it I'd like to own and gen 1,keep my gen 2 RT,buy a GTS then an SRT and if I had any money get a 1992 (first production year)

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Newport! Great pics! Awesome looking yellow RT!! Thanx for sharing.

PS:
Hey Meguire's: If you are ever looking for a black Gen I, mine is always available for a free detailing! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine