Ohio VCA website???

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of an Ohio Viper Club region website or a region director to call. I recently moved to the Columbus area with my mom for the summer. I also work at OSU, so I'm learning my way around the area. Thanks for the information.

Sean

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohio native. Ill be back this fall
You don't think of Florida first when someone mentions Miami.

You snicker when someone's from Tiffin, because you think of the State Hospital.

You think Pro football teams are supposed to wear orange!

You've heard of 3.2% beer.

Schools close for the state basketball tournament. Deer season, too.

You're proud of your state fair, but would rather go to Cedar Point.

You know all the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter, and Construction.

You live less than 30 miles from some college or university.

You know what a buckeye really is, and have a recipe for candy ones.

"Toward the lake" means "north" and "toward the river" means "south."

You've heard of the Great Nickel Beer Night Riot.

You know if other Ohioians are from southern or northern Ohio as soon as they open their mouths.

You root for a college team though you've never taken a class there.

You can spell words like Cuyahoga, Olentangy, Bellefontaine,and Tuscarawas *(Wapakoneta?) and you know which letter is doubled in "Cincinnati."

You always visit more than two amusement parks in one summer.

You know that Serpent Mounds were not made by snakes.

You know what game they're playing when the Mud Hens take on the Clippers.

"Vacation" means spending a day at Cedar Point or King's Island.

You measure distance in minutes.

.Down south to you means Kentucky.

Your school classes were canceled because of cold.

Your school classes were canceled because of heat.

You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way.

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.

You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.

You carry jumper cables in your car.

You know what pop is.

You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

You think **** lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightie.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.

You think that deer season is a national holiday.

You know which leaves make good toilet paper.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you make University of Michigan cookies?

Put them in a Bowl and beat for 3 hours.

Nice. I always cheer for OSU but I thought it was really funny that after we beat Michigan they played the game on local tv every tuesday for a month.

Michigan has always usually beat us. OSU fans should calm down about it. If someone beat me up 9 times out of 10 and the 1 time I beat them up I shure as **** wouldn't rub it in their face. I think the rivaly is pretty 1 way.

OP
OP
V

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been a life-long OSU fan (I may get jumped on for this), but only for the past 5 years since my stepdad started working for them. I thought that the games won and lost were pretty well split. I know we lost to MI in 2000 and 2001, and they threw that coach out of Ohio (not the sole reason though). I'm sure IF Michigan beats us this year, their fans will react the same way. I think it was just that it was such a close game, and went to the last throw that led to an interception, that led to the Fiesta Bowl bid that helped OSU with the celebrations. I think that if we had to beat Purdue or Iowa for the Bowl bid that they would have televised the same game for a month.

Although I don't agree with the showing of the game for a month on end.

Having the chance to go to the National Championships for my first OSU game and cheering for one of my favorite teams is priceless though! Can't wait to be able to attend the home games this year. [edit]And hopefully another National Championship game, as this year is said to be ours by ESPN and Sports Illistrated.