Oil Change & Lube cost?

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took my GTS in for its first oil change, and they are gonna charge me $200. Is this a normal price? If so, I think I am gonna get the low floor-jack, and do it myself from now on.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hel no!!! Go to Dodge and buy the filter for $7, then cruise to Walmart and buy 2 five gallon containers of Mobile 1 at $17.50 each. Then drive to your local oil change facility. Most only charge $10-$20 if you bring your own oil/filter. All done for $52 bucks..... $42 if you do yourself. Don't let the MF'ers rip you off anymore!!!!!!!

Later

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For just a 10qt Mobil 1 oil change with filter my two local dodge service centers charge $69 and $84 respectively. I consider this pretty fair considering I would pay over $50 for the oil and filter to do it myself.

--- Ken
'01 GTS

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today my dealer quoted me 32.50 when I supply the oil and filter. This is about 20 mins on the clock.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Dodge dealer charged me around $19.00 if I supplied the oil (they supplied the Mopar filter). In fact, they suggested that I bring in my own oil, because they don't stock Mobil I. I had many oil changes done at this price. (This past summer I bought my own lift, and now I change my own oil.)

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I just took my GTS in for its first oil change, and they are gonna charge me $200. Is this a normal price? If so, I think I am gonna get the low floor-jack, and do it myself from now on
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's crazy
pissed.gif

Reg oil change for a neon, what $29?? cost $5 for filter and $1 per quart for 4 quarts = $9 parts and $20 labor

Your crazy oil change for the Viper $200?? cost $5 for filter and $4 per quart for 10 quarts = $44 for parts and $156 for labor ***??

It takes no longer to change the oil in a Viper than a Neon. Do it yourself it's very easy.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$200 is an absolute rip-off. Do it yourself for $50 - $60 TOTAL. Plus you can keep an eye on things under the car.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Working at a Dodge Dealer I find this outrageous. We charge around 90-100 , depending on year, but many of our customers bring in their own oil and filter. Go see Dave Jenkins over in Irvine, Ca., as he is one of the most reasonable in all of California. He will be half of what you were quoted.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The added cost in California is no doubt related to the fact that the mere changing of oil in that state potentially violates 350 state laws.There is probably a built in attorney fee, 25 state and local taxes, a Prop 65 fee, and funds necessary to have 5 guys in moon suits carry the oil off to a safe location in a neighboring state. In the other 49 states, its $25-$30 if you bring the stuff, and about $90-$110 otherwise. PS If you are the mood to once again pay about $100 too much for something, order some Snakeoyl mats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant