oil change!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only thing is, I brought it back to the ground, filled it up with Mobil 1. I stopped after 9 qts just to check the level and it was already full??? Im gonna wait until the morning, check the level again, and if it needs that last qt so be it.

Since you posted this yesterday you've probably already done it by now. However, start the car and let it idle for a 1/2 minute or so. Then turn it off, wait a minute for the oil to settle down and check the level again. The level will go down slightly when oil cycles through the new filter.

OP
OP
M

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

That is exactly what I did this morning and I noticed that the oil level dropped slightly on the dip stick to where it is right in the middle of the "safe" zone. So as long as the dipstick says "safe" im not gonna bother with that 10th quart...unless I'm the dipstick...

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the strap-type filter wrench is a tight fit, the cup style also works well (after the first time....if its tightened with a strap-type you'll never get it off with a cup type, but if tightened correctly with a cup style - no sweat). I've used both, fewer hand lascerations with the cup type!

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another good tip is to place a plastic bag over the oil filter after you untighten it but before you unscrew it all the way. Makes much less of a mess.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another good tip is to place a plastic bag over the oil filter after you untighten it but before you unscrew it all the way. Makes much less of a mess.

V-cool, never thought of that. Even better, thx!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh totally!

what I do is I run 15/50, so I go to Wally world and get 2 containers at $22/each... so the whole thing costs me $84.

during the winter when I am not tracking my car I just go with the Mobil 1 super syn they put in that's included in the $40 oil change.

I'm soooooooo confused! When you give them oil you bought, they still charge you $40? BUT if you don't give them oil it's $40 with the oil included???? :eater:

I can't even get the oil for $40 in SoCal at Walmart, lets not even talk about the filter.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm soooooooo confused! When you give them oil you bought, they still charge you $40? BUT if you don't give them oil it's $40 with the oil included???? :eater:

I can't even get the oil for $40 in SoCal at Walmart, lets not even talk about the filter.

posts are above, tired of retyping it hahaa!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4