oil in air filter

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a Roe Supercharger on my 1997 GTS and now I have oil coming from the valve cover vent tube into the air filter box. Is this from the boost pressure and is this what those oil catch cans are for that I seen posted here?
If so do you install then in line between the valve cover and air filter box or just from the valve cover to the catch can and vent into atmosphere?
If this solves the problem Where is the best place to pick one up? Other than Ebay I have already been there looking.

Thanks Pat.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, thats exactly the problem. PBJ has a nice setup. You can either vent into the atmosphere or back into intake, either way is sufficient.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSPOWERED,

Do a search on this forum about this problem "oil in intake". No1 Supercharged Viper killer. There are plenty of easy solutions. However stop using your Viper until you solve it. Clean the oil as much as you can and if you think that the oil entered the supercharger unmount it and clean it. Otherwise you are heading for disaster. Basically the oil will reduce your fuel's octan level, which in the case of a supercharged viper is vital. Your Viper will only ping once and it will sound like a sonic boom.

OP
OP
G

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Schulmann. I looked my air box over and there was a small amount of oil on the filters and none had passed them, the smooth tubes and throttle bodies were very clean. I looked up PBJ and ordered a catch can it should be here in one week.

Pat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang